Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wasn't today BEAUTIFUL?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I know there are more important things happening in the grand scheme of things- the Albion's off again, the economy's steaming towards oblivion, it's bloody freezing and Israel and Palestine are still killing each other's citizens by the dozen- but I'd just like to spread a little joy by reminding you what a beautiful day it's been, thanks to one of the most spectacular frosts I've ever seen.

Driving around Sussex and Surrey at the crack of dawn this morning, everything was white and sparkling, it was like a little corner of Narnia. Absolutely breathtaking (and not just because of the cold).

I defy anyone to look at the frosty splendour of the trees, glinting in the winter sunlight- when it finally arrived- and not feel a little inspired. Makes you glad to be alive...well it does me anyway...and you're all miserable old buggers if you don't agree :p

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hurstpierpoint area this afternoon.

dsc00962sm5.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
its ok if your fingers arnt fused to steel and your sporting a rather snazzy ice statue tash yes lovely

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know there are more important things happening in the grand scheme of things- the Albion's off again, the economy's steaming towards oblivion, it's bloody freezing and Israel and Palestine are still killing each other's citizens by the dozen- but I'd just like to spread a little joy by reminding you what a beautiful day it's been, thanks to one of the most spectacular frosts I've ever seen.

Driving around Sussex and Surrey at the crack of dawn this morning, everything was white and sparkling, it was like a little corner of Narnia. Absolutely breathtaking (and not just because of the cold).

I defy anyone to look at the frosty splendour of the trees, glinting in the winter sunlight- when it finally arrived- and not feel a little inspired. Makes you glad to be alive...well it does me anyway...and you're all miserable old buggers if you don't agree :p

Sort of know what you mean, Tho suppose that most of the c unts that are your natural workplace enemy have sought alternative stuff to do - indoors - for the day on account of the inclemency, therefore you get to just see the nice stuff for once. Enjoy! :love:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You see, aren't we all feeling better already?

I only had a mobile phone camera, hence the picture isn't quite David Bailey...but you get the point :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Somewhere on the Sussex-Surrey border.

dsc00946rp5.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I could tell you why I was there...but I'd have to kill you :p

Hurstpierpoint again. This was on my way home, so no more accusations of skiving...

dsc00951jd2.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where are you stationed Edna ? My old man Used to be at Gatwick before he retired, prior to that he was at Crawley.

Moved to Gatwick fairly recently, after a few years in Brighton. Hence trawling around the country lanes of the county border.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here