Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wasn't the Verdict About Hartlepool Game Today?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Yeah - perhaps they'll get the verdict tomorrow morning? My money is on three points deduction.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not worried whether we get them or not as it doesnt affect us but if they lose the 3 points that they got + a 3 point penalty will put them right back in the relegation pack but suspect the FL will take the cowards way out and just take away the 3 points they got.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not worried whether we get them or not as it doesnt affect us but if they lose the 3 points that they got + a 3 point penalty will put them right back in the relegation pack but suspect the FL will take the cowards way out and just take away the 3 points they got.

What?

How is that cowardly to take away the points?

It would be a very ballsy decision to take the points away from them, I personally don't think it will happen

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
They will be fined, with a suspended points penalty if they fork up again.

We get nothing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What?

How is that cowardly to take away the points?

It would be a very ballsy decision to take the points away from them, I personally don't think it will happen

Taking away the points they got is or should be gauranteed and should be done without question:, the ballsy bit is taking 3 extra points as a penalty which would put them back in the relegation mix.

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
The usual penalty is to the deduct the points gained in the games that the ineligible player took part, so they should just lose the three. We won't get anything. An additional three points would be a bit harsh considering what Cheatersfield got away with a few years ago.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
By deducting the three points they gained is hardly justice. They don't get punished in my eyes. They used an illegal player after all.
Had we won what would the punishment be?!

While we're at it shouldn't they deduct the goals scored as well then? Imagine had they beaten us say 7-0 they could be crucial to the other teams

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
The outcome will be decided in June, we will be awarded the 3 points NEXT season 2010/11 and the 'cheats' will be on -3.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As we got f*** ALL (and the players should hang their heads in shame as we could have been safe weeks ago) it would probably be fair to take away Hartlepools 3 points. Dont care if we get awarded any now as we are safe.

If we wasnt I would expect the points to be awarded to us. But really we should have won that game. I say again the PLAYERS are to blame.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
3 points and a nominal fine and maybe the league will think about sharpening up their regulations and information processing systems

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Completely ridiculous of course. Why would they affect NEXT season for ALL the teams in the division by giving us 3 points for nothing?!?

Think! :facepalm:

I assumed he was being sarcastic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here