Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Whing on the terrraces?

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
At the end of the game, I saw Tommy Elphick come over to the fans and wave for someone to come down. Asssumed he was pointing to a friend or relative and looked away. A couple of minutes later Whing appeared on edge of pitch and embraced players and then walked back to tunnel with them.

I think he may have been on the terraces behind the goal with the rest of us. Anyone know?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Yes he was from about 2:30. Watched the whole game from there. Surprised the stewards let him on the pitch. They must have wondered why all the Brighton team were hugging this supporter?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Yes, I actually have a picture on my phone of him standing alone on his own.

Great of him to be in there, could have joined in with the chanting though :laugh:

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Yes, he did appear to be on his own when he came on to the pitch. He was dressed in plain black coat and did look like supporter. Maybe didn't want to draw attention to himself.

Real credit to him for doing this. Thinks it also says a lot for team spirit the way the team came to look for him after game. He seemed as delighted with results as anyone who played. Nice touch from Elphick too, shows his maturity.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Actually come to think of it, he was with his mum I think, either that or his girlfriend is about 50.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yes, he did appear to be on his own when he came on to the pitch. He was dressed in plain black coat and did look like supporter. Maybe didn't want to draw attention to himself.

He didn't succeed, loads of fans (not including me) were going up to him before the match, shaking his hand, hugging him, and generally making him welcome.

Always good to see members of the team in among the supporters.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Here's a photo to confirm he was there.

Attachments

• Andy Whing.JPG
    Andy Whing.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 567

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
If I am right i think his family live in Coventry so he may well have been there for easter and came down to watch and got the players coach back. Hat off to him, alot of other players wouldnt have bothered!

JSD Albion

Jul 17, 2003
Burgess Hill
Yes he was from about 2:30. Watched the whole game from there. Surprised the stewards let him on the pitch. They must have wondered why all the Brighton team were hugging this supporter?

Elphick spoke to the steward standing at the edge, obviously telling him who he was, so that's how he got on the pitch.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wayne Henderson got injured just before the Bradford game, so he watched it from the stand with us. When Bowditch got the winner (we won 3-2) he jumped up onto the low wall and was grabbed by stewards and ejected from the ground!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Remember when Kerry Mayo was threatened with arrest for going on the pitch at the end of the match at Wycombe Wanderers a few year back?

And he was in KIT.

Wasn't that the Falmer protest sit-in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here