Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was the signing of Adam Virgo the worst thing to happen pre-season?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
This is absolutely not a moan against Adam Virgo who is a solid pro who generally gives 100% but it seems to me that his re-signing, and Mickey's subsequent insistence on playing him regardless, has de-stabalised the entire team. Case in point - Virgo replacing Hawkins today. Mickey has just said that Hawkins had a superb game on Tuesday but that Virgo was fit and raring to go and so went for him. Why? Now Virgo had a decent game today but team morale can only suffer - how did the likes of Jake Robinson feel when Virgs was picked ahead of him up front or Fraser when Virgs was picked in midfield etc etc. The loan of Joel Lynch is yet another case in point.
I'm seriously questioning Adams now - certainly wouldn't sack him until at least the end of the season but we are now in serious trouble and I'd be interested to hear whether anyone else agrees that the signing of Virgo is partly to blame.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
id say the appointment of adams is to blame

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Adams has seriously f***ed up with our lad Lynch.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's not really Virgs fault though is it? Adams plays him no matter what which is wrong.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Virgo is a top notch centre back and the sooner Adams realises that, the better for the team. I'd honestly plays Virgs at centre back ahead of anyone in our squad.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
surely the worst signings were Hart and Mayo.

Agreed - both were shocking signings but they haven't in my opinion unsettled the team as much as Virgo. Again, nothing against Virgs - I would also have signed him but not if I'd known that Adams would play him regardless of form, position or other players' performances.

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
I wonder what comments will be on this board during February after the new players come in during January. I will be very surprised if it's not like a revolving door after the transfer embargo has been lifted. Many players will leave and many will come in. Will we see "So and so should never have left." and "So and so should never have been signed?"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the worst thing was the signing of Hawkins or the resigning of Mayo and Hart

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No they haven't. They are still there with the club.

what? they resigned in pre season having been released by Wilkins so therefore could as part the pre season

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Worst thing to happen pre-season was bringing Adams back!!

If Uncle Dick had done the dirty on Wilkins and brought Peter Taylor back, he may have had a point, but why Adams!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here