Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it as bad........

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
I did not go today,so firstly i take my hat off to all those who sat in a shit stadia,in shit weather,watching shit football, anyway,all i need to know is,was the football from us as shit as it sounded on the radio,as we sounded f,ing awful,and R&D,deserved at least a draw,from what it sounded like.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
it was not like watching brazil but we are in the 3rd round and im eagerly awaiting a home tie against another non league giant in the pouring rain and the life slowly draining away from my arse

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We were shocking defensively, and Rushden deserved to get something out of the game.

2 divisions below, but we made them look like world beaters for most of the 2nd half.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
yes - it was bad

It wasn't all bad though. Our forwards were good and Crofts and Bennett played well. Macleod did some good work too. El-Abd had, by his standards, a good game and even took two of R & D's players out without so much as a wagged finger from the knob of a ref!

Now the bad bits; Smith was poor, no, he was worse than poor he was woeful. Elf-Dick was inconsistent in the centre and Hoyte was out-played to such an extent that the goals came as a result of his poor defending. Virgo seemed a bit lost, Navarro was his usual inconspicuous self and was mediocre, IMHO.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It wasn't all bad though. Our forwards were good and Crofts and Bennett played well. Macleod did some good work too. El-Abd had, by his standards, a good game and even took two of R & D's players out without so much as a wagged finger from the knob of a ref!

Now the bad bits; Smith was poor, no, he was worse than poor he was woeful. Elf-Dick was inconsistent in the centre and Hoyte was out-played to such an extent that the goals came as a result of his poor defending. Virgo seemed a bit lost, Navarro was his usual inconspicuous self and was mediocre, IMHO.

How dare you, you are not allowed to submit balanced posts on NSC - woeful or Brazilesque there is no in:wink:between

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes, Crofts and Bennett were okay, Smith's throwing was very good but were our forwards good? Dickinson was completely out of sorts and Forster was quiet. He won a soft penalty and fluffed a fair few chances. Hart was ineffective going forward, El-Abd really didn't play that well, it's just that the other 3 were so bad as to make him look quite good.

Let's not forget this was a non-league noddy outfit that outplayed us for a large part of the game. I don't think it's unbalanced to describe that performance as liquid diarrhoea football (as a friend of mine described it)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
got a ticket but couldnt be arsed to go,shame a wins a win,but put them in a nice treble so happy days,least i have a stub for the scamble in round 3

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Are you taking the piss?? Thought Dickenson was a complete shower of shit.

In answer to your question "NO" and Dickinson scored two decent goals and won us the game. I take it that you were actually at the match today?

Last edited:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
How dare you, you are not allowed to submit balanced posts on NSC - woeful or Brazilesque there is no in:wink:between

My profound apologies. I couldn't help it. Must be the rare euphoria caused by a home win. I dare say that it won't happen too often! :(

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
In answer to your question "NO" and Dickinson scored two decent goals and won us the game. I take it that you were actually at the match today?

Yes mate I was there. Were you?? Decent goals? Give me a break. He looked disinterested got upset everytime the ball wasn't inch perfect to his feet and everytime he got the ball he was looking to go down and win a free kick rather than do anything creative. Utter crap. All in my opinion of course

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I enjoyed it but poor attendance although hardly surprising with rain.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Yes mate I was there. Were you?? Decent goals? Give me a break.

Unlike some of the armchair fraternity who frequent this board, I was there, like I am for every home game, getting soaked in the glorious South Stand. Dickinson may be a whinging Northern Numpty at times who wants everything played perfectly to him, but try giving him a break for the result that he contributed towards today FFS. This of course, is just MHO too.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
got a ticket but couldnt be arsed to go,shame a wins a win,but put them in a nice treble so happy days,least i have a stub for the scamble in round 3

Trust me, where ever you were you better off. It was awful, I sympathise as Gus was trying things out.

From my drenched seat in the family stand Crofts and Elliot retained some dignity. Everyone else was truly poor considering the opposition!

One of my footballing rules (what ever that is worth)....if your keeper is broke the rest of the team doesn not work. That is struggle number one.

I'll stop at number two and that is finding a back four that can play together.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It was somewhat embarressing to win.

R&D raised their game to our level, which probably means they weren't at their best. They lost 2 players through injury and an early goal which should have knocked them out of the game.

We were poorer than poor.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I did not go today,so firstly i take my hat off to all those who sat in a shit stadia,in shit weather,watching shit football, anyway,all i need to know is,was the football from us as shit as it sounded on the radio,as we sounded f,ing awful,and R&D,deserved at least a draw,from what it sounded like.

Mate, it was PITIFUL. Could have gone either way.

You'd sort of like to write it off as a bad day at the office. But it really was rubbish and on the form makes us look like a mid-table League Two side.

Which we're looking increasingly like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here