Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it a penalty?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
A question for those Seagulls who get back from Prenton Park, was it a blatant penalty for the foul on Fleetwood as Norman says? Or do you think they Tranny player won the ball.

Didn't sound too bad today but the stats and position don't lie.
:albion2:

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
The luck just isn't going our way. The next two games are massive and we really could do with 6 points from them.

Come on Adams!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think it was a blatent penalty to be honest - not awarded though because Johnson and Forster spent the entire game diving about like pansies.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Words can't describe how blatant it was. Unbelievable decision, and the lino bottled it too.

Ref was a massive arsehole.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
How wasn't it a penalty? What case does the referee have NOT to give it. Shambles. Derserves to get locked up for that decison, absolutly POOR.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How wasn't it a penalty? What case does the referee have NOT to give it. Shambles. Derserves to get locked up for that decison, absolutly POOR.

It really was laughable, it was quite possibly the most blatant penalty I have ever seen. The ref was only about 10 yards away as well. Ridiculous.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
It really was laughable, it was quite possibly the most blatant penalty I have ever seen. The ref was only about 10 yards away as well. Ridiculous.

The thing is, even if he didn't see it ( Which he quite cleary did ) He's gotta look at it from the strikers point of view. Why would he go down? It was almost a certain goal....too bob twat. He will get demotion for that howler!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The thing is, even if he didn't see it ( Which he quite cleary did ) He's gotta look at it from the strikers point of view. Why would he go down? It was almost a certain goal....too bob twat. He will get demotion for that howler!

You would hope so. There was literally NO way at all that the defender could have got anywhere near the ball without fouling. The ref was shite all day though.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You would hope so. There was literally NO way at all that the defender could have got anywhere near the ball without fouling. The ref was shite all day though.

He gave 3 FK's from Bas ( All Dives ) That's just off the top of my head :nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The answer to the question is No it wasnt as the ref didnt give it. Had the question been should he have given a penalty it appears that the answer should have been yes. Hopefully we will get given an unexpected penalty at another game to even it out when the points are just as important.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
It was a blatant penalty, we would almost certainly have scored if he hadn't have gone down. It is beyond me how the ref and the lino didn't give it but then the ref gave us nothing all match. Ref = :tosser:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Definite pen. It would have been an easy tap in, and the defender could'nt of touched the ball as it rolled right across the box.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Whats the difference between Forsters diving non stop and this leading to not getting a pen and Leon Knights?

Forster is the worst diver I have seen in a Brighton shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here