Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was having a loft clear-out and came across this ...

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Dolphins800.jpg

an old scarf buried at the bottom of a box, hance the state of it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We have ALOT to thank Palace for! Dolphins no way near as good as seagulls.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
could be 72/73/74 , white silky material with blue tassles. I can vaguely remember having a scarf like that and holding it aloft with both hands in the North Stand whilst we all sang "You'll never walk alone"

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So how exactly did the change of name come about? I mean, I know why we started chanting Seagulls on the terraces - but how did the 'official' change of nickname, club badge, scarfs etc. come about. There must have been some diehards who hated it, surely?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Some older fans will remember us as "The Shrimps" before we became "The Dolphins"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So how exactly did the change of name come about? I mean, I know why we started chanting Seagulls on the terraces - but how did the 'official' change of nickname, club badge, scarfs etc. come about. There must have been some diehards who hated it, surely?

I bet, North Stand letter writers wrote volumes

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I used to have one of those with MUD written on it.

That's right, That's right, that's right, that's right, that's right, that's pete, that's pete, that's pete, that's pete, that's pete, I really luv yer, I really love your tiger Pete.
(one for the old NSC stagers there - with credit to Trufflehound - the man with the Groucho avatar).

Last edited:

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember the seagull replacing the dolphin on the official club badge for the 77/78 season.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Those silk scarves went from about 74 to 80. I had a couple. Made the mistake of wearing one once . Awful chaffing around the neck. These were the days when we wore scarves around our wrists , but the silk ones were never long enough or tight enough. You could always tell people who wore theirs as scarves as they would bleached at both ends when it was tied up.
To be honest , when worn , they resembled a cravat rather than a scarf.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I remember the seagull replacing the dolphin on the official club badge for the 77/78 season.

Although we were chanting Seagulls on the terraces before 1977, the club did not really have an image yet . So until they came up with the badge we know and love , they were coming out with sweat shirts with this design . (hope it came out):(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here