Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was having a loft clear-out and came across this ...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It didn't . Oh well , when I learn how to copy it from my pictures I will post it .:blush:

Use Imageshack to save the picture from your hard drive and then copy and paste the URL from there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Still got blue/white yellow hat with the Dolphins badge on it!

I still have my "Dolphins Club" membership card for our very first Sunday fixture at The Goldstone. I believe everybody had to be made members because of some stupid law that prevented the club from collecting admission money on a Sunday. The membership fee allowed admission for one day only. May have been during the three day weeks period.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
albjumper2.jpg

Fingers crossed

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
We changed our name from Dolphins to Seagulls circa. 77/78, but the original Dolphin faced right to left up to 1959...

So how exactly did the change of name come about? I mean, I know why we started chanting Seagulls on the terraces - but how did the 'official' change of nickname, club badge, scarfs etc. come about. There must have been some diehards who hated it, surely?
The diehards hated the ridiculous branding of the Club as "The Dolphins", if I remember rightly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Love the old dolphins badge. If the club sold a t-shirt with the old printed badge I'd be first in line for one.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I still have my "Dolphins Club" membership card for our very first Sunday fixture at The Goldstone. I believe everybody had to be made members because of some stupid law that prevented the club from collecting admission money on a Sunday. The membership fee allowed admission for one day only. May have been during the three day weeks period.

Think it was the 3 day week time and my recollection is that the first of these was a win against Rochdale; cracking goal from Towner. I also remember a 2-1 Sunday win against Hereford. The crowds were much bigger than usual for these Sunday games as I recall.

D

Deleted User X18H

Have there ever been dolphins off the coast of Brighton?

D

Deleted User X18H

The unmistakable Brighton accent 'and how fcukin mad is that' however looke nearer Dieppe than dear old Helm to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here