Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was Gus @ Wembley today?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just curious.

Bezzie mates Di Matteo & Suarez, old club, big game.

Oh and Drogba out of contract in a few days. :whistle:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
He was summerising on ESPN.
Gus and Craig Burley one side of the table, John Barnes and Kevin Keegan on the other, saying a table, my coffee table is larger than the table that five of them were trying to sit around.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Just curious.

Bezzie mates Di Matteo & Suarez, old club, big game.

Of course he was and why shouldn`t he have been, he loves chelsea

Oh and Drogba out of contract in a few days. :whistle:

Of course he was and why shouldn`t he have been, he loves chelsea and he`s coming back with Drogba and Cech

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did he happen to mention his bezzie mates Di Matteo & Suarez.

Oh and soon to be out of contract, Drogba?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He talked about how "One of us ex players" should be given a chance at Chelsea, and about how he'd always advocated this. When Di Matteo came over to the ESPN table at the end he gave him a long, lingering hug...and then took no part in the conversation between all the other pundits and Roberto.
I guess what you, and I, are wondering is...if Di Matteo is given the job, will he ask Gus to be his assistant?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
He looked very dapper, lovely suit, coat etc & Dr Dre Beats headphones

Lush

Mods' Pet
As you are all too cool to watch Soccer AM, you won't have seen Frank Sinclair this morning being asked if he'd had any idea that Di Matteo would one day be a manager when he played with hm at Chelsea.

He said no, he was one of the quieter players in the dressing room, where they had some real characters at the time like "Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So what was Gus' take on, soon to be free to play for any club, Drogba?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
As you are all too cool to watch Soccer AM, you won't have seen Frank Sinclair this morning being asked if he'd had any idea that Di Matteo would one day be a manager when he played with hm at Chelsea.

He said no, he was one of the quieter players in the dressing room, where they had some real characters at the time like "Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet"

Maybe Tony could do adeal with Abramovich, Gus CMS and Ankergren for Di Matteo Drogba and cech

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if Gus is off to Germany, in a couple of weeks.

I see it like re-homing an old incontinent dog.
You don't want to give him up, but he keeps pissing over the floor.
So you slowly introduce the old fella, to his new owner.

Slowly at first, then they have some nice times together.

Before the new owner walks off into the sunset, for his final swansong.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He might well do, but Gus would laugh and decline. There is no way on earth he would go back to being a number two.
Even at Chelsea? I hope you're right. Just seems to be the one place he'd love to go back to, and maybe this is his only way in.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Even at Chelsea? I hope you're right. Just seems to be the one place he'd love to go back to, and maybe this is his only way in.

He seems to be quite stubborn and I can't imagine him ditching his aspirations of being a number one in favour of being a number two, whatever the club. I'd imagine he has his sights set firmly on managing Chelsea without having to go through the rigmarole of answering to someone else. I'm thinking the thirst of being the main man is too much to trade in for being an assistant at any club. I know not how his mind works, so I await to be amazed.

He'll most likely get his chance at Chelsea, even if it is just on an interim basis. Roman is surely going to get fed up of bringing in managers and sacking them within a season, surely?

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
My 7 year old made me laugh. "What do you mean he is supporting Chelsea? He's supposed to be Brighton." she said. After I explained his loyalties to his former club, her response was that we should get out "Poyet Out". "We dont want people in charge of our club who support other teams. What about next year when we are in the premier. He will lose on purpose." :lolol:

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Don,t Forget people this is the same GUS that turned down the no 2 at real Madrid to be no 1 in this country

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who cares about Gus!

Drogba and CMS, we'll be on the beach and playing our reserves, by Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here