Warren Aspinall

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sad.

On the face of it, you'd say the clubs / PFA bear some responsibility, but retirement from the game is something that, in most cases, is not like me and you where we leave an employment and simply retire.

A more interesting documentary would be on the PFA and the players they have to look after and advise, i.e. what they do with the gamblers, the drinkers, the shaggers, players on the scrapheap after clubs have been liquidated or gone into administration.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Makes you choke a bit.I hope things get much better for him in the future as he seems a nice fella.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
And both the goals he scores involved Brighton. One for Carlisle against us at the Goldstone and one for us. Couldn't quite work out against whom

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Very sad, but looks as if he has turned his life around.
Anyone who's suffered from depression will understand were he is coming from and will be able to relate to this video.

Good luck Warren :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
As a player I seem to recall he was a Robbie Savage-type player in as much as you hated him if he played against you but loved him if he played for you.

I also agree that he has been excellent as a match summariser on BBC Sussex recently and does indeed sound like a thoroughly nice bloke.

Terminator1

Oct 4, 2008
well done Warren

Brought a big lump to my throat, very brave of him to open up like that, he's certainly gone through some dark days but is well on the way to recovery, wish him all the best.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
just seen it on sky sports news - quite moving stuff really

forgotten how good that goal against us at the goldstone was - he was one of my favourite players as it just went to show that you got be ridiculously slow and still be a pro.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Difficult to watch, really choked up when he was talking about being on the train line. What he said about finding out who your real mates are when you're at rock bottom is so true.

Just hope everything works out for him, seems a really nice bloke.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He scored a beautiful backwards header against us when he was at Pompey, I couldn't believe it when he signed for us. I'm really pleased for him that he's turned a corner and is getting his life back. Nice one Warren.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
It's the other side of the story, isn't it? It's good to see someone getting things back together and moving in the right direction.
I wish him well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here