Warwickshire 346
Sussex 135/2

Sussex trail by 211 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Cottey 14*
Goodwin 0*

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Grizzly's having a wretched run at the moment, not the best time to run out of form.

BTW, WHS, do you play for West Hoathly CC? I played there the weekend before last - lovely ground.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Did anybody se the back of teh Argus yet? It says that Rod Marsh is grooming Prior to open the batting for England while he's at the Academy

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Presumably if Marsh thinks Prior can open the batting for England then he doesn't think he'll make it as a wicket keeper cos no way could someone open the batting and keep wicket in tests - just look at what it did to Alec Stewart, more recently Sangakara batting at 3.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
West Hoathly Seagull said:
No, haven't played for years, but I agree, it's a lovely ground. Who were you playing for?

I play for a team called the Fleet Street Strollers (as the name suggests, namely a team of journos). It was the first time we'd played West Hoathly but it won't be the last - great fixture.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
283/4

Prior starting to put his foot down a bit while Goodwin goes along steadily..

Goodwin 68*
Prior 55* (from 73 balls)

Game safe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think that we were in much danger of losing. But it doesn't look like we'll win now, so we can kiss goodbye to our chances of winning the championship again.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Let's just see where we are by the end of the day. Could be 75ish ahead if all goes well from here on in. Stranger things have happened....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here