Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

war of the worlds

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
i see jeff waynes war of the worlds is on next dec at the b centre , anyone seen the show feedback please

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
side-on view was a bit of a disappointment, in fact there are a lot of effects on a rear screen and tbh i thought i might aswell be watching a dvd. my mate enjoyed it a lot more but then he has more money. for the £ i thought it was poor value for money, couldn't recommend it. i expect lots of people will disagree with me though!

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
side-on view was a bit of a disappointment, in fact there are a lot of effects on a rear screen and tbh i thought i might aswell be watching a dvd. my mate enjoyed it a lot more but then he has more money. for the £ i thought it was poor value for money, couldn't recommend it. i expect lots of people will disagree with me though!

oh shit just paid for tickets

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i went earlier this year, fcuking excellent, as soon as the music starts it sends shivers down my spine, live is sooooo much better than the cd, if i could afford it i would have gone again

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I know it's expencive but just how much is it?

Is it more than a pint at Norwich?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I went, very much against my will, a couple of years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it, very good performance very polished, very clever too. Fella above might have a point about sittng on the sides, we were sat stage centre on the first row of the raised stalls, perfect view, and the effects, videos etc were very good. Never listened to the CD, so can't compare it, but the quality of the music was excellent, the mix of orchestral and modern instruments, worked very well, live music is just so much "more".

Caringbah Seagull

Aug 18, 2009
Caringbah, NSW
Saw it in Sydney a while ago - well worth the effort! I have been a fan since I was given the original album back in the UK a long time ago (late 70s?), wife had never heard it before the live show, she enjoyed it immensely and is now converted to the extent that she has the CD in her car now and I can't get it back!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm a big fan of War of the Worlds having owned it since the day it was first released.

I've seen the live show at the Brighton Centre twice and would agree that the side view isn't as good as being bang centre, but it's still a great show and well worth seeing.

Not sure who will be playing all the characters next year, but Justin Hayward is there every time and still excellent. All the others have always been good when I've sen it, too and I find that from time to time I get mesmerised by watching Richard Burton narrating on the screens!

Lots of special effects, but sadly the BC ceiling seems a bit too low for the martian model as it stays in the way when it's raised up.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I've heard Jason donovan will be the artillery man on the next tour. It is an amazing show and imo just as if the cd was on but better as it's live!!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anyone else go to this last night?
SUPERB!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wife and son went last night. Jr is a typical cynical 17 year old but totally loved it. Would happily drive down again tonight if he could get a ticket. Mrs TRHK said it was a superb night. Quite a recommendation from those two.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I went a couple of years ago at the Brighton centre. Was tip top. The narrating was done on these head shaped things all over the place. Was impressed. First half was better than the second - just like the album.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was lucky enough to be given free tickets by a friend last night.
First half was best.. Richard Burton cgi was great, Jason Donovan can sing pretty well and Justin Haywards singing Forever Autumn was worth the entrance fee alone...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here