Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want to vote Labour but... (Bexhill and Battle)

1066gull

Don't get me wrong, James Royston has a big say for the young voice with a lot of youthful ideas, but one thing he doesn't agree on is the Hastings-Bexhill bypass. I believe it is essential this whole county has a major highway going East to West other than the M25 40miles north of the A21, A22 and A23. Instead he wants to look at public transport (which is never going to happen because Hastings-Charing Cross has forever been slow compared to Brighton-Victoria)

Mary Varrell sounds like she just wants to keep local communities in shape, when I believe we have to expand and move with the times, sometimes that does destroy old communities but they will come and go as generations always pass and go.

I want major change in my area, and a high speed link going west not only from Eastbourne but Hastings aswell. But there appears to be differences with the age groups, for example my Dad does not agree that young people should not have any support, they have to find their own way in life and give the people who've paid taxes all their life a break. I think that could be a reoccurring trend elsewhere.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... but one thing he doesn't agree on is the Hastings-Bexhill bypass. I believe it is essential this whole county has a major highway going East to West other than the M25 40miles north of the A21, A22 and A23. Instead he wants to look at public transport (which is never going to happen because Hastings-Charing Cross has forever been slow compared to Brighton-Victoria)

two totally different issues really, its not a swap one for the other. a poor politican who thinks it is, Hastings need both a bypass and improved rail links to London.

and your dads right, you do need to find your own wayu, not relay on the state. Blair and Browns children, fed on a diet of trust funds and a backdrop of Tax credits, always looking for the handouts.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A decent road from Lewes to Hastings is never going to happen because there will never be money to spend on it.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
But there appears to be differences with the age groups, for example my Dad does not agree that young people should not have any support, they have to find their own way in life and give the people who've paid taxes all their life a break. I think that could be a reoccurring trend elsewhere.

I'm somewhere in the middle here. Young people should be supported into jobs. They shouldn't be supported if they wish not to work, so to speak.

In my opinion, one of the biggest dangers of the current recession is the sheer number of young people out of work. Something needs to be done to ensure these young 'NEETs' are back in employment sharpish, before large groups of them begin to see benefit as an alternative to employment.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Considering Barker has a majority of 13,000 and a tenner bet on him returns a grand total of 2p, I would suggest whether you vote for Labour or not probably isn't going to be all that important.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't know what the numbers are now but I remember in 1983 Charles Wardle had the highest percentage majority in the whole of the country here. I can remember he came to Bexhill College the Friday before the cup final and a group of us had our Brighton shirts on and he thought we were all in blue just to support him :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Considering Barker has a majority of 13,000 and a tenner bet on him returns a grand total of 2p, I would suggest whether you vote for Labour or not probably isn't going to be all that important.
Doesn't that wrangle a bit?.
I too live in a constituency where my vote means NOTHING, which kind of makes the whole election a little pointless, for me, anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here