Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want a Brewdog pub in Brighton? Want a £1000? Want £500 of beer goodies?

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
I would go nuts for a Brewdog bar down here.

Could what used to be New Hero/The Church/Club New York be the ideal location? Right in the middle of town, but craftily hidden that tourists and stag nights won't overhaul it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Could what used to be New Hero/The Church/Club New York be the ideal location? Right in the middle of town, but craftily hidden that tourists and stag nights won't overhaul it.

A friend mentioned this venue. I do believe it's available as well. I have always felt the location let's it down and has been the reason so many nights have failed. Do you reckon Brewdog would have sufficient and regular pulling power to make it sustainable?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I do believe it's just re-opened as a footballers wife's cocktail bar place. Possibly called Bohemia. It sounds and looks awful.

Is the correct answer. Walked past there the other evening. At first I did think with that name it would be some sort of bierkeller outfit but alas NO.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
A friend mentioned this venue. I do believe it's available as well. I have always felt the location let's it down and has been the reason so many nights have failed. Do you reckon Brewdog would have sufficient and regular pulling power to make it sustainable?

Actually, I do.

It's got quite a cult following down here, a case in point being that Trafalgar Wines is almost always sold out (or close to selling out) of Brewdog beers whenever I visit.

Granted, I bet the overheads are huge for a place like New Hero, but given the right setup, it might just be a venue that really could work for Brewdog.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Less gangsta rap this time round. PROBABLY lol

I think the last owner got banged up for drugs as well.

I have seen a photo of the couple who own the venue now. They look like the comedy playboy 'marks' they often have on The Hustle.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think the last owner got banged up for drugs as well.

I have seen a photo of the couple who own the venue now. They look like the comedy playboy 'marks' they often have on The Hustle.

I remember awhile ago a mate of ours who worked (at the time) for a large brewery said that people were thinking of opening "something classy/shoes only policy"

He said it wouldnt last 5 mins, Brighton is not that sort of place. Realistically it isnt.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can somebody open up a Bier Kellar like the one in London Bridge, please.

The only real places that could have this sort of setting would be Brighton Station or the Arches on the seafront.

Actually, just thinking about it, if you go downstairs in that coffee shop next door to 'Bohemia', you can get access to some old tunnels. Don't know if they're disused sewage tunnels, or Prince Regent's tunnels or what...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I remember awhile ago a mate of ours who worked (at the time) for a large brewery said that people were thinking of opening "something classy/shoes only policy"

He said it wouldnt last 5 mins, Brighton is not that sort of place. Realistically it isnt.

Agree. And the list of failed up-scale and/or private members clubs backs this up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Where is that located?

How about reopening the Racehorse on the corner of Elm Grove and Queens Park Road?

Sent from New York Maximum Security Penitentiary

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The only real places that could have this sort of setting would be Brighton Station or the Arches on the seafront.

Actually, just thinking about it, if you go downstairs in that coffee shop next door to 'Bohemia', you can get access to some old tunnels. Don't know if they're disused sewage tunnels, or Prince Regent's tunnels or what...

It does not need to be underground, what is needed is a largeish venue so you can have the long tables in it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just been on their website. Interesting they call it 'Bohemia' when it's anything but Bohemian.

I have just taken a look as well. Jesus, they're trying way too hard.

And if they have a market, which I doubt, it will be with people from out of town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here