Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want a Brewdog pub in Brighton? Want a £1000? Want £500 of beer goodies?

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
First up, The Cask is a great pub.

I heard a rumour about The Spotted Dog last week. The current guys have not been in charge for more than a year, shame as The Spotted Dog is a fantastic pub. Do you know if it is going to change to be similar to The Cask in Pimlico? Or stay the same? Mixed feelings about this as both are absolutely fantastic places.

I take it MyBreweryTap will be a retail outlet/off license?

I ruddy well love The Spotted Dog ... possibly the best selection of beers in town. Brooklyn Brewery Lager on tap ... CHECK.

Really suprised to hear that it's changing hands, don't the current owners also 'own' The Snowdrop in Lewes?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I ruddy well love The Spotted Dog ... possibly the best selection of beers in town. Brooklyn Brewery Lager on tap ... CHECK.

Really suprised to hear that it's changing hands, don't the current owners also 'own' The Snowdrop in Lewes?

Same here. My favourite by a long chalk. Great selection of (decent) lagers, beers and ales, nice crowd, good food. I was surprised as its always busy. They run The Eagle and yes The Snowdrop which is another nice place. I have been to The Cask in Pimlico and it's a great pub run along similar beer lines to The Spotted Dog so hopefully it will work out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think we should open a book on how long this completely misguided venture will last. I'll go 12 weeks from today.

I reckon 6 months. They'll try and see out the summer and then the private gin experience will be no more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If the pictures are anything to go buy, it's run by some perma-gleamed teeth clothes horse bloke who opened a bar in the Marina.

That was shit too.

If you had to dream up a charicature of the couple which would own a place like Bohemia it would be them.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Haven't read the thread but what about the old Barfly? Seems to be just sitting there also noticed the freebut is boarded up.

Ideally we need somewhere as close to the Amex as possible.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
First up, The Cask is a great pub.

I heard a rumour about The Spotted Dog last week. The current guys have not been in charge for more than a year, shame as The Spotted Dog is a fantastic pub. Do you know if it is going to change to be similar to The Cask in Pimlico? Or stay the same? Mixed feelings about this as both are absolutely fantastic places.

I understand that it will be the second Craft Beer co. bar like the one in Leather Lane, Clerkenwell, which is also owned by the Cask Pimlico people and is also a great (amazingly good in fact) bar for people who love craft beer, whether cask ale or keg.

These beer mats were everywhere at the Sussex Beer Festival in Hove Town Hall last weekend
Twitter
and
Twitter

I think - if I have got my facts straight from what I can piece together - The Spotted Dog was and still is owned freehold by Greene King - they granted a lease to the people from the Snowdrop to relaunch it as the Spotted Dog from being the Hop Poles. Last week GK took the lease back and then must have sold it (just the lease) to the Cask Pimlico people, who are retaining Emma Cole from the Spotted Dog to run it for them as Craft Beer co. 2
I'm not a Spotted Dog regular so cannot vouch for 100% accuracy but it looks that way

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I understand that it will be the second Craft Beer co. bar like the one in Leather Lane, Clerkenwell, which is also owned by the Cask Pimlico people and is also a great (amazingly good in fact) bar for people who love craft beer, whether cask ale or keg.

These beer mats were everywhere at the Sussex Beer Festival in Hove Town Hall last weekend
Twitter
and
Twitter

I think - if I have got my facts straight from what I can piece together - The Spotted Dog was and still is owned freehold by Greene King - they granted a lease to the people from the Snowdrop to relaunch it as the Spotted Dog from being the Hop Poles. Last week GK took the lease back and then must have sold it (just the lease) to the Cask Pimlico people, who are retaining Emma Cole from the Spotted Dog to run it for them as Craft Beer co. 2
I'm not a Spotted Dog regular so cannot vouch for 100% accuracy but it looks that way

Thanks for this. I think the best option for me is to go down to The Spotted Dog and ask them over a beverage. Sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall be in Brewdog Camden after work today

:thumbsup:
:cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here