Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want a Brewdog pub in Brighton? Want a £1000? Want £500 of beer goodies?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What's that place that used to be Varsity called nowadays? On the seafront above Alicats (does that still exist)....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where is that located?

How about reopening the Racehorse on the corner of Elm Grove and Queens Park Road?

Sent from New York Maximum Security Penitentiary

Go up Dyke Road from Churchill Square and there is a large churchy looking building on the left. This is it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This unique space also features the popular ‘Barman’s Table’ where a highly skilled barman invites guests to enjoy a private gin, vodka, rum or champagne ‘experience’

Enjoy a private gin experience? What sort of f***ing nonsense is that? The bell-ends. And there is a bloody picture of Nick Cotton from Eastenders in the bar. I hate it!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Font. It is shit now since they changed it from the Font and Firkin. Really bad, NO BEER!?
It has no place in the Lanes.

No beer? What about private gin experiences? Any of these?

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
btw, for those who do like craft beer, Cask Pimlico have just taken the Spotted Dog over and My Brewery Tap are opening up in North Road next week.

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
I work in the pub trade in birghton and heard today that The Dover Castle up Southover Street has just come onto the market.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
btw, for those who do like craft beer, Cask Pimlico have just taken the Spotted Dog over and My Brewery Tap are opening up in North Road next week.

First up, The Cask is a great pub.

I heard a rumour about The Spotted Dog last week. The current guys have not been in charge for more than a year, shame as The Spotted Dog is a fantastic pub. Do you know if it is going to change to be similar to The Cask in Pimlico? Or stay the same? Mixed feelings about this as both are absolutely fantastic places.

I take it MyBreweryTap will be a retail outlet/off license?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They lost their license due to noise complaints from neighbours!
I doubt the council would grant another one.

The music was the issue so a pub will be fine, I presume.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have now heard that both The Eagle and The Spotted Dog are being handed back over to Greene King. I believe The Spotted Dog is going to be run by the lot who run Cask in Pimlico. Not sure about The Eagle.

So, in the space of 1 week my favourite cafe and favourite pub have shut up shop.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Let's face it, if Brewdog open a pub down here, it'll be in West Street and hence I )and I suspect many others) will give it the swerve.

I hope this turns out to be untrue though.

They've spent a lot of money turning that into a doctors surgery.

Isn't that the old Racehill at the bottom of Elm Grove?

Sent from New York Maximum Security Penitentiary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here