Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Want a Brewdog pub in Brighton? Want a £1000? Want £500 of beer goodies?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yea saw this and tried to think of somewhere but not being based in Brighton can't think of too many pubs in good locations, that are shut down, or suitable similar venues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yea saw this and tried to think of somewhere but not being based in Brighton can't think of too many pubs in good locations, that are shut down, or suitable similar venues.

That Sticky Mike's Place seems to change its name and operation every year or so. I wonder when it is next up for change?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Create a new place in one of the old railways buildings just along from Green Door Store? The council wants to smarten the place up - a Brewdog Bierkeller would be rather welcome.

This is a brilliant idea. The council has a recent moratorium on new licensed venues in Brighton though, does this area fall in the zone?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Create a new place in one of the old railways buildings just along from Green Door Store? The council wants to smarten the place up - a Brewdog Bierkeller would be rather welcome.

But there are sooooo many empty places! The Gloucester, the Astoria, the Hippodrome. I'm desperate to see those opened up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But there are sooooo many empty places! The Gloucester, the Astoria, the Hippodrome. I'm desperate to see those opened up.

LiveNation are talking to the council about re-opening the Hippodrome for live music again. It's listed and will cost a fortune to re-open but they claim they're serious about it and have spent a fair bit of time and money pursuing its re-opening. It will make me very happy if they pull it off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I thought the Astoria is being knocked down to make way for a "media hub" whatever one of these is.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That Sticky Mike's Place seems to change its name and operation every year or so. I wonder when it is next up for change?

The fact its Shoreham Moonrakers venue he may want a few bob for it, plus they put on some good gigs downstairs.

I can think of a lot of closed pubs but none that are sitting there empty, but astoria Hipodrome would be great.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What about the place that used to be Leo's lounge on Meeting House Lane, that would seem to be ideal, near town but away from the student population. A decent size too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The fact its Shoreham Moonrakers venue he may want a few bob for it, plus they put on some good gigs downstairs.

I can think of a lot of closed pubs but none that are sitting there empty, but astoria Hipodrome would be great.

He left a while back. Agree about the gigs though. I've seen a lot of stuff in there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What about the place that used to be Leo's lounge on Meeting House Lane, that would seem to be ideal, near town but away from the student population. A decent size too.

I do believe it's just re-opened as a footballers wife's cocktail bar place. Possibly called Bohemia. It sounds and looks awful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I do believe it's just re-opened as a footballers wife's cocktail bar place. Possibly called Bohemia. It sounds and looks awful.

Damn, yeah it was pretty awful before as Leo's lounge.

Providence on Western Road?

Problem is in Brighton & Hove the pubs aren't closed long before they are turned into something else:

Pressure Point - Backpackers hostel
Racehill - Dr's Surgery
Half-Moon - Restaurant

And more places turned into flats than I can remember.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here