Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wancashire watch

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rain has stopped play on day one of Lancashire's county championship match against Warwickshire.

Lancs are currently 250-3 in their first innings, meaning they have 2 bonus points so far.

Tomorrow's forecast for Blackpool is light showers. Saturday's (the final day) is for heavy rain.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hopefully that much rain will make a draw fairly likely. The issue then becomes how many more batting bonus they can pick up tomorrow. Every missed bonus point is gold dust for Sussex - we just have to keep matching what Lancs do...

Jul 20, 2003
Lancashire v Warwickshire, 1st day

Water bomb stops play at Blackpool

Cricinfo staff

August 30, 2006

Cricket has always fallen victim to rain and inclement weather. But rarely, if ever, has a water bomb stopped play. In Lancashire's match against Warwickshire, at Stanley Park in Blackpool, Iain Sutcliffe was motoring towards his hundred when the water bomb - catapulted from the park outside the ground - sailed over long-on and landed on a length.

A journalist covering the game wandered over to get a burger and chips shortly afterwards and asked the lady serving "Have you heard anything about a water bomb?"

"No," she replied. "I know nothing about cricket."

Water became more of an issue for Lancashire later in the day as rain forced them off the pitch, with Sutcliffe unbeaten on 117.

right, I'm on my way to Blackpool with a catapult and 200 baloons

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
pevenseagull said:
forecast for lots of rain in hove thursday, saturday & sunday

:(

Not on my forecast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here