Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walsall: Frost covers in place

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
0,,10428~5036530,00.jpg

THE SADDLERS' groundstaff are continuing to battle the elements in a bid to ensure that the Banks's Stadium pitch is playable in time for Saturday's League One encounter with Brighton & Hove Albion.

Yesterday (Tuesday), Stadium Operations Manager Dave Storr, Head Groundsman Derek McCann and their team cleared snow from the playing surface and laid frost covers in a bid to beat the chill.

"We removed around eight tonne of snow yesterday," explained Dave Storr. "Frost covers are now in place and we will continue to to monitor local weather reports."

0,,10428~5036522,00.jpg

Attachments

• walsallweather.jpg
    walsallweather.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have Walsall asked for our kitman to send up McLeods shirt in advance as additional covering ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't understand why they would have done this. I am in Telford today (30-ish miles away) and the snow has been melting throughout the day - even though we have had a few flurries of snow there is less now than there was this morning. Surely putting covers on just ensure that the pitch stays frozen?

Oh well, I will leave it to the experts - I am sure the Walsall groundsmen will provide us with a pitch to be admired and talked about for seasons to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here