Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

walsall boss blow his top

thewaterboy

Mar 6, 2008
a farm
h20

Walsall boss blows his top
By Brian Owen
IT looks like Albion are not the only club where lack of atmosphere at home games is an issue.

In his eventful post-match briefing last niught, Walsall boss Richard Money suggested he would consider his future if his team did not get more vocal support.

That at a club who were League Two champions last season, are higher up the table than they expected to be this season and who have a tidy, compact ground with good acoustics for when the fans do find their voices.

As a travelling media man, it felt almost like intruding on a private matter as you heard Money share his grievances with experienced local reporters.

And that was without his dig at our own Andy Naylor for suggesting in The Argus on Tuesday morning that the Saddlers had promotion jitters.

Money said: "The supporters would tell us they need us to get them going but five shots in the first ten minutes?

"Almost score three goals? Three corners? Isn't that entertainment? Doesn't that get people going?

"On the other side of that, when there are periods of wobble, then you've got to shout even louder. We're in this together.

"That's my 82nd game and I think you can count on one hand the times they could look at the players and say they haven't really performed.

"And yet we still can't really build an atmosphere between us.

"Maybe it's me, maybe they don't like me.

"Maybe I've got to look at what I want to do at the end of the season, I don't know, because there is something wrong.

"You can't have a period of success like we've had and yet there's still no atmosphere on this stadium.

"I just can't comprehend it. I really can't.

"Maybe you tell me that's what it has always been like it. I don't know."

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
what a cheeky c*nt

What he said. You could have added the words "pathetic", "sad" and "bitter" too.

That does sound like a top-notch rant from Mr MONEY :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

thewaterboy

Mar 6, 2008
a farm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here