Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wall of Silence

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Quality drama, probably the best tv I have seen in over a year with towering performances from James Nesbitt and Phil Davis. Anyone else see it ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would think Nesbitt and Davis are hot contenders for actors of the year. If anyone beats them it will have to be very special performance. Gripped from start to finish.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ernest said:
I thought this was a thread on Dick Tight and Martin Bellotti :lolol: :lolol:
As soon as I saw this thread title, I knew, I just absolutely KNEW, that there would be a reply from FG/Ernest along these lines.

:rolleyes:

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I'm annoyed. I was swithering about videoing this as I had work to do at home. I decided against on the basis that I'll never get round to watching it. Serves me right for spending too much time on NSC at work that I have to bring work home!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
It was very good, and particulay scary seeing as it was a true story, how people live with that fear and terror everyday is beyond my understanding !!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have to say I prefer him in this to Cold Feet. But I must admit he was absolutely fecking awesome in this. Bafta recognition for Nesbitt - best actor, Davis - best supporting actor surely.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thought it was superb. Kept me gripped until the end - I was shocked to discover that it was 11.00 when it had finished.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Yep I stayed in with my missus and watched it. f***ing brilliant, but it did make me worry about how my life was turning out already subjecting my self to watching dramas. Thank god it wasn't a 2 parter!

good drama though

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
hate these 2 hours drama specials on ITV and was not really looking forward to this my mrs wanted to watch it.
Once it started i thought the kid who died was a cocky shit and prob was as bad as the kids who killed him, but as the story went on, it made me think he was just a young stupid drunk kid.
great drama one of ITV's best apart from Fat Friends and The Royal.

we have all done one stupid pissed moment in life and we have lived to tell the tale this kid didnt.
mine was when i was 19 a group of kids aged 15-16 odd, called me a wanker walking passed them, when they were the other side of thye road i stupidly shouted "come on then!" they ran over and gave me a good beating. watching last night that easily could have been me! scary stuff!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Tuned in halfway through and nearly switched off because I thought it was a Blazin' Squad video.

However once I realised it was in fact a quality drama I stayed to watch. Very good.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Mr Popkins said:
hate these 2 hours drama specials on ITV and was not really looking forward to this my mrs wanted to watch it.
Once it started i thought the kid who died was a cocky shit and prob was as bad as the kids who killed him, but as the story went on, it made me think he was just a young stupid drunk kid.
great drama one of ITV's best apart from Fat Friends and The Royal.

we have all done one stupid pissed moment in life and we have lived to tell the tale this kid didnt.
mine was when i was 19 a group of kids aged 15-16 odd, called me a wanker walking passed them, when they were the other side of thye road i stupidly shouted "come on then!" they ran over and gave me a good beating. watching last night that easily could have been me! scary stuff!

I suppose it can be easy to go a little bit too far in a fight or whatever, but can you ever justify stamping on someones head, and beating them with sticks and stuff.

A friend of a friend got kicked almost to death by a similar group of scum in Croydon because he was singing while drunk on the way home from a pub and was left to be hit by a car.

Some people deserve to be taken off the streets.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's so sad when people have to live like that. It's similar to the Steven Lawrence case, as well as Damilola Taylor and those two girls that got shot in Birmingham last year.

So many people know the answers but are too scared to speak out.

Did anyone ever see that drama about the bloke killed by Kenneth Noye on a slip road? The bloke's girlfriend has had to move away from her family completely and can't even contact them for fear of her new identity being exposed and Noye's men being sent to get her. He's put a contract out on her because she testified to get him sent down.

Her life's completely ruined because of a crime committed by him. Though he's in jail, that's no justice for her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here