Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walking,Ikea southampton to St marys

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Hi Saint based fans,thinking of leaving my wife to do a bit of shopping whilst I enjoy an away win.

The Ikea car park seems a reasonable walk from the ground but what is the best route to St marys?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Hi Saint based fans,thinking of leaving my wife to do a bit of shopping whilst I enjoy an away win.

The Ikea car park seems a reasonable walk from the ground but what is the best route to St marys?

If you walk past the civic centre and down past Solent Uni, your nearly there. Will take you about 20 -25 mins.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thought about the Park & Ride? Ran like a dream, and there's enough buses to take you away after the game. Back to the car within 15 mins.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Last time we went we parked in a multi story not too far from the ground. We were late but that was worth it, hearing the Albion from down the street was amazing!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought about the Park & Ride? Ran like a dream, and there's enough buses to take you away after the game. Back to the car within 15 mins.

We are doing that

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'll walk Ikea to St.Marys in 20 minutes.

Don't park at Ikea though - 3 hour max, or will cost you. The car park for Leisureworld (cinema, etc) is immediately over the road from Ikea, and is free after midday.

If you walk past the civic centre and down past Solent Uni, your nearly there. Will take you about 20 -25 mins.

This, coming out of Ikea on the West Quay side entrance you turn left and head straight down the road, through the toys'r'us car park, then turn right and head up the hill and you'll reach the Guildhall, head straight on that road past solent uni and you'll come to the network of underpasses leading to the ground. :thumbsup:

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
They're all telling you the long way to go. Don't park in Ikea as stated, park in Leisure world just opposite, you can't miss it as it's a horrible grey block.

From here:

Walk out of the car park and cross the duel carriage way.

Take a left towards TGI's and head into the retail park.

Walk along the shops until you can see John Lewis.

Go in John Lewis and head to the UG floor.

Walk through John Lewis and take a left, carry on down through the shops to the high street.

From here either take a left or a right, head through the park towards the stadium.
(if you go left, take the first right, go right, take the first left. You really can't get lost as it's not the biggest of places)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Iv you are heading for the Old Dell, there is a Toys 'n Us before the train gets in the station.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
You'll walk Ikea to St.Marys in 20 minutes.

Don't park at Ikea though - 3 hour max, or will cost you. The car park for Leisureworld (cinema, etc) is immediately over the road from Ikea, and is free after midday.

No it won't cost anything! Surely no-one on here is daft enough to actually pay any fake PCNs from private car parks.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
NSN, if you walk from Ikea to St. Mary's, you'll walk past the Platform Tavern. I'll be in there so come in and I'll buy you a pint.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
No it won't cost anything! Surely no-one on here is daft enough to actually pay any fake PCNs from private car parks.

Does your whole life revolve around not paying for parking? If you park on someone's land ( ie they own it) then you pay them, get over trying to get it for free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here