Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walk back to Fratton Rail

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I tend to agree, especially with 99.9% bravado bit and I quite enjoy the winding up to be honest. So why do hoolie apologists start MOANING on here because some kids are putting up stuff on youtube? Nothing *ever* happens in these clips apart from a bit of gobbiness, and even when it does happen it normally amounts to little more than a short scuffle between a handful of thickies.

Agreed.

And one thing I never understand is that if all these lads who follow the Albion in their Stone Island jumpers actually want a massive fight with a load of other like minded lads from the opposition, then surely rather than going and taking over a pub in Chichester which is then surrounded by police and saying look at us aren't we hard, they would just get everyone together and march straight into Pompey's main pub and kick it off? I don't understand it. Is the answer that actually they would rather a bit of posturing and shouting whilst surrounded by police than an actual fight? It just seems odd to me.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will " hate " Palace as much as the next Man for 90 minutes but at the end, win, lose or draw I will go home and thats that. Some people will be planning already in meticulous detail their strategy to have an opportunity of punching a Palace fan in the face and them to us and be w*anking over the thought of it.

I just don't get that wound up with it nowadays. Maybe it is because I am becoming an old bastard.

Ahh that's more like it.

Not sure about the win , lose or draw I will go home and that's that.

I have NEVER forgotten how I felt when we got trashed at Selhurst. I genuinely felt like throwing up to be honest. Having said that, I had no urge to go bitch slapping the Nigels.

I have only ever once felt like doing harm to someone at a football match. But it was a steward and I was 13 years old. Oldham away in the FA cup. We were 1 - 0 up and then when they equalised the steward came up to our faces and said "one all pals, One all" with a big shitty grin on his face. But I put all that down to my naive age. I think I wanted to rip his head off. LOL

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Agreed.

And one thing I never understand is that if all these lads who follow the Albion in their Stone Island jumpers actually want a massive fight with a load of other like minded lads from the opposition, then surely rather than going and taking over a pub in Chichester which is then surrounded by police and saying look at us aren't we hard, they would just get everyone together and march straight into Pompey's main pub and kick it off? I don't understand it. Is the answer that actually they would rather a bit of posturing and shouting whilst surrounded by police than an actual fight? It just seems odd to me.

To be fair, if they were followed by police to a pub in Chichester, do you really think they'd have made it to Pompey's main boozer untraced?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
To be fair, if they were followed by police to a pub in Chichester, do you really think they'd have made it to Pompey's main boozer untraced?

I think they were in Chichester because there was trouble there last time we played them a few years ago. You'd have thought they could have been a bit more original this time than doing exactly the same thing again. Shows the average intelligence I suppose.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
I think they were in Chichester because there was trouble there last time we played them a few years ago. You'd have thought they could have been a bit more original this time than doing exactly the same thing again. Shows the average intelligence I suppose.

How about backing up your views with facts, rather than "You think"

I went back to Chichester along with a lot of other fans. The reason being that they all wanted to continue our celebrations and South Coast Bragging Rights before we all went our seperate ways across Sussex, so Chichester was a good option. In the pub in question were kids as young as around 8 as well as a few Pompey fans.

As for the pub being surrounded by Police as suggested by another poster, there was one local policeman and about 8pm another couple turned up, and we had a good chat with them about the problems they had encountered in London last week with the riots.

Not exactly the trouble hotspot its being portrayed as is it?

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
That bald bloke at the end spent his £25 or whatever it was to stare at the away end constantly giving the action of a slit throat. EVERY time I turned round he was gesturing away, not watching the game.

Strange.

Yep.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If the police were not there I doubt they would actually do anything. Its because they can hide behind them thats why they get involved in willy waving.

What they should do is find a wasteland to knock seven bells out of each other, which Im sure some of the old school on here can confirm that happened.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How about backing up your views with facts, rather than "You think"

I went back to Chichester along with a lot of other fans. The reason being that they all wanted to continue our celebrations and South Coast Bragging Rights before we all went our seperate ways across Sussex, so Chichester was a good option. In the pub in question were kids as young as around 8 as well as a few Pompey fans.

As for the pub being surrounded by Police as suggested by another poster, there was one local policeman and about 8pm another couple turned up, and we had a good chat with them about the problems they had encountered in London last week with the riots.

Not exactly the trouble hotspot its being portrayed as is it?

Er, maybe because I don't have the facts, hence why 'I think' not 'I know for absolute certain'.

Is there only one pub in Chichester then? Or is there a possibility I may have been talking about somewhere else rather than that one right by the station?

There were loads of Albion boys in Chichester after the game last time we played Pompey away, loads of them. And a train full of Portsmouth came out to meet them and it all kicked off on the platform, there were even some from Milwall there as well. I assume that is why there were loads of police in Chichester on Saturday, I was there about 7pm and there were at least 4 riot vans and 3 or 4 dog units outside the station.

One thing that did make me laugh, there were about 40 or 50 Brighton waiting on the platform with loads of police, the train to Brighton pulled in and they all got on, leaving just me and my mate as we were getting the train to London, then literally a minute after the Brighton train pulled away another one from London pulled in, and off stepped a guy in a Palace shirt. I don't think he realised that he had been one minute away from having a platform full of people hurling abuse at him.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I'm quite disappointed by that. My experience of Fratton Park in the past, , was alot more intimidtaing than a quick point of a finger by a fat bloke in an ill fitting shirt

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Er, maybe because I don't have the facts, hence why 'I think' not 'I know for absolute certain'.

Is there only one pub in Chichester then? Or is there a possibility I may have been talking about somewhere else rather than that one right by the station?

There were loads of Albion boys in Chichester after the game last time we played Pompey away, loads of them. And a train full of Portsmouth came out to meet them and it all kicked off on the platform, there were even some from Milwall there as well. I assume that is why there were loads of police in Chichester on Saturday, I was there about 7pm and there were at least 4 riot vans and 3 or 4 dog units outside the station.

One thing that did make me laugh, there were about 40 or 50 Brighton waiting on the platform with loads of police, the train to Brighton pulled in and they all got on, leaving just me and my mate as we were getting the train to London, then literally a minute after the Brighton train pulled away another one from London pulled in, and off stepped a guy in a Palace shirt. I don't think he realised that he had been one minute away from having a platform full of people hurling abuse at him.

CLoser shave than a Mach 3 Gillete me thinks !!!

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing

Chichester is blue and white, but sadly a lot of them are Pompey fans, so what with the local Albion fans getting off there, and a number of fans choosing to stop off for a drink on the way back, it made sense for the Police to have a show of force waiting to avert any potential trouble, which from what I saw worked well.

The interesting games coming up though are Leeds and Palace. With the delays getting away from the stadium, and I'm guessing that the away fans will be sent via Brighton rather than Lewes, segregation is going to be difficult. Certainly for the Palace game, if not Leeds, the Police will have their work cut out on those nights

Jan 30, 2008
Chichester is blue and white, but sadly a lot of them are Pompey fans, so what with the local Albion fans getting off there, and a number of fans choosing to stop off for a drink on the way back, it made sense for the Police to have a show of force waiting to avert any potential trouble, which from what I saw worked well.

The interesting games coming up though are Leeds and Palace. With the delays getting away from the stadium, and I'm guessing that the away fans will be sent via Brighton rather than Lewes, segregation is going to be difficult. Certainly for the Palace game, if not Leeds, the Police will have their work cut out on those nights
wasting your time talking to the bloke mate ,he hasn't got a clue , good social saturday, agree :cheers:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

It is going to be an interesting one definitely, and their are plenty of other clubs in this division (West Ham, Cardiff, Birmingham etc) who are bound to cause problems as well. The funny thing is that playing Palace midweek, which I assume was on police advice, actually means there is likely to more problems than there would have been on a Saturday due to the issues getting away from the ground. It would have been easier to police on a Saturday by holding them back for a bit and then putting them all on a train back to London, but they cant do that on a Tuesday night or they wont get home.

wasting your time talking to the bloke mate ,he hasn't got a clue , good social saturday, agree :cheers:

Sometimes you make me laugh Das, sometimes you annoy me. Most of the time I'm just glad I'm not you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here