Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walk back to Fratton Rail

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So what do all these people on here who were saying a few weeks ago that football violence was dead and never happened anymore and that there would be no trouble whatsoever this year and we should all be allowed to drink in the Amex concourse bars together with the lovely away fans after the game have to say about all this? Its game 2 in the Championship and innocent people have already been smacked. Think it will be different in the home game? It won't.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So what do all these people on here who were saying a few weeks ago that football violence was dead and never happened anymore and that there would be no trouble whatsoever this year and we should all be allowed to drink in the Amex concourse bars together with the lovely away fans after the game have to say about all this? Its game 2 in the Championship and innocent people have already been smacked. Think it will be different in the home game? It won't.

yeah exactly. Of course, it doesnt happen anymore though. Head in sand me thinks

The home game will be murder

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I got called a "fuckin poofter" by an 8 year old with a skinhead.. Shows how Portsmouth fans raise their kids really.
Not that I'm complaining, I found it hilarious.

DanielT

if you are doing something in public, you should be prepared for it to be filmed, photographed, cctv'ed, and accept the consequences

Although I am not one for the "if you're doing nothing wrong, you don't have to worry" argument as our privacy gets taken away gradually, but if you're breaking the law, and get caught, too bad

To the facist c u nt reich and his sycophantic 2.

You wankers walked right into it didn't you?

You f***ing morons REALLY REALLY think that you can pick and chose which laws you break and everyone else should abide by the laws you think they can or can't break because you know better than them.

Sums up everything about why you are complete ***** really, and everyone here knows it.

Jan 30, 2008

You f***ing morons REALLY REALLY think that you can pick and chose which laws you break and everyone else should abide by the laws you think they can or can't break because you know better than them.

Sums up everything about why you are complete ***** really, and everyone here knows it.
that chip must weigh heavier every day you awake :tantrum:

Jan 30, 2008
if you are doing something in public, you should be prepared for it to be filmed, photographed, cctv'ed, and accept the consequences

Although I am not one for the "if you're doing nothing wrong, you don't have to worry" argument as our privacy gets taken away gradually, but if you're breaking the law, and get caught, too bad
depends on what your doing surely, going around filming people willy, nilly, and then posting it on the net isn't on in my books . voyeurism at its worse.............. discuss ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

absolute rubbish, have you never had a pee behind a bush?

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing

Bit strong fella. You may have views that differ from others, but that doesn't give you the right to be quite that offensive!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can't see the bloke did that much. He just said " we will be there " and was no doubt being provoked by some Albion pondlife and yes there are many. Lets not get all high and mighty. Ok, the homophobic abuse is all very tedious and yesterday and highly lacking in originality but Pompey have pondlife and so do we and thats the short of it really. I personally find it utterly pathetic someone could hate someone else because of the colour of their football shirt whoever it is.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Now just hang on a minute!!!! as a height-challenged person myself, that is not on! slag off my mum/sister whatever... but some things just have to retaliated against!

its funny when jumped up little napoleons think they have the balls to fight big people :lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I personally find it utterly pathetic someone could hate someone else because of the colour of their football shirt whoever it is.

Really? You don't ever join in the anti-Palace chants then ever? Football is all about rivalries. There's so many people getting high and mighty over this. A few hot-headed Brighton and Pompey fans were gobbling off to each other. Big deal. Look who that Pompey meathead was talking to...a Brighton fan who was as equally game for a ruck. If trouble had occurred there and then it would have been exclusively involving these blokes and their mates.

As with most games I've been to and witnessed this, it's 99.9% bravado. The real aggro is away from the glare of the police by like-minded hoolies. Southend beach a few seasons ago? Hanover (for crying out loud - Hanover!) when Aberdeen/Spurs came for the friendly.

Such a lot of hot air talked about this subject. I wonder how many of the usual crowd who sarcastically post "was it all pwoppa naughty?" were flicking V signs and calling Pompey fans all sorts of names in the ground. I certainly did at that fat Pompey bloke in a white top sitting with his 2 pram-faced slappers in the stand to the left of us. Why do we do it - it's to wind up the opposing fans. Don't then moan if some of them start taking offence.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Really? You don't ever join in the anti-Palace chants then ever? Football is all about rivalries. There's so many people getting high and mighty over this. A few hot-headed Brighton and Pompey fans were gobbling off to each other. Big deal. Look who that Pompey meathead was talking to...a Brighton fan who was as equally game for a ruck. If trouble had occurred there and then it would have been exclusively involving these blokes and their mates.

As with most games I've been to and witnessed this, it's 99.9% bravado. The real aggro is away from the glare of the police by like-minded hoolies. Southend beach a few seasons ago? Hanover (for crying out loud - Hanover!) when Aberdeen/Spurs came for the friendly.

Such a lot of hot air talked about this subject. I wonder how many of the usual crowd who sarcastically post "was it all pwoppa naughty?" were flicking V signs and calling Pompey fans all sorts of names in the ground. I certainly did at that fat Pompey bloke in a white top sitting with his 2 pram-faced slappers in the stand to the left of us. Why do we do it - it's to wind up the opposing fans. Don't then moan if some of them start taking offence.

I don't get involved in the anti palace chants anymore. A few years back I would have. The last 3 years personally have made me realise football is a diversion but there are numerous more important things in life to worry about. I don't have the passion I used to. Sure I enjoy the game and want to win but if we lose or some away fans call me a gay it does not bother me that much nowadays.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Good for you then Spielberg, but the day that football just becomes a diversion and stop caring if we win or lose is the day I stop going to football. Without the chanting at the opposing fans, without the excitement of a feisty crowd, without 100% love for Brighton and hatred of the opponents for those 90 minutes all we will have left is something akin to watching a rugby match.

No thanks. Football is still a working class sport and unfortunately the English working class are a chippy bunch of louts.

DanielT

depends on what your doing surely, going around filming people willy, nilly, and then posting it on the net isn't on in my books . voyeurism at its worse.............. discuss ?

yes it depends on what you're doing. walking in the park, no problem.

timbha said:
absolute rubbish, have you never had a pee behind a bush?

as for peeing behind a bush. ok, perhaps it has been done, and it didn't hurt anyone, but i would have accepted the fine if i'd been caught.
but there's the 'behind the bush bit' and it not hurting others bit verses in public view bit... if someone peed in the middle of the street with loads of people around, different story.

there were people and kids who just wanted to go home after, not get involved. someone has posted about getting hit on here, and unless he was provoking anyone, that was unfair.

timbha: if there was fighting in the street and someone you cared about, kids, parents, your grandparents, who were innocent but got hurt - maybe then you would care a little more.

posting video on the net: depends on why you're doing it. i have posting clips of being at games and touring the amex, and people were very pleased to watch them. so the difference here seems to be "i might get in trouble" which means, you were involved in the fighting and don't want the consequences.

isn't that exactly like looting? steal/fight but get away with it?
"others got hurt by the arson" some might say - but others got hurt by the fighting too. is there a difference? the degree of hurt, yes. but people wanting to do whatever they want to do and not caring about the consequences to others, that's the same. people have died from a punch (the guy in portland road for example)

also, i would hate for Brighton fans to have a reputation for fighting, because i am proud of my club

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would it not be slightly dull if we just had a "love in" with every club like Donny for example. I am not suggesting we all go out for a ruck, but am I not correct in thinking we are all looking forward to the Palace game this year?. In which case... Why ?. The answer is simple, we hate them, they hate us and this equates to a hostile, exciting, noisy, intense game of footy.

Home and Away against Palace will be sold out in a heartbeat, and not entirely with loonys. So please no one tell me that they do not like this "We hate Palace" type of thing that goes on, because that is one of the games that everyone wants to go to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I tend to agree, especially with 99.9% bravado bit and I quite enjoy the winding up to be honest. So why do hoolie apologists start MOANING on here because some kids are putting up stuff on youtube? Nothing *ever* happens in these clips apart from a bit of gobbiness, and even when it does happen it normally amounts to little more than a short scuffle between a handful of thickies.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Would it not be slightly dull if we just had a "love in" with every club like Donny for example. I am not suggesting we all go out for a ruck, but am I not correct in thinking we are all looking forward to the Palace game this year?. In which case... Why ?. The answer is simple, we hate them, they hate us and this equates to a hostile, exciting, noisy, intense game of footy.

Home and Away against Palace will be sold out in a heartbeat, and not entirely with loonys. So please no one tell me that they do not like this "We hate Palace" type of thing that goes on, because that is one of the games that everyone wants to go to.

I will " hate " Palace as much as the next Man for 90 minutes but at the end, win, lose or draw I will go home and thats that. Some people will be planning already in meticulous detail their strategy to have an opportunity of punching a Palace fan in the face and them to us and be w*anking over the thought of it.

I just don't get that wound up with it nowadays. Maybe it is because I am becoming an old bastard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here