Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wages - Just a little teeny concern

1066gull

OK its nice we have financial security but I hope we do not get carried away with getting to the promised land to quickly. Spending transfer fees is one thing, but the problem with trying to get somewhere quickly is getting certain players who will demand more from wages. I want there to be a strong threshold and the right balance of quality and experience.

Do you have faith in Slade and Bloom getting it right? I do. Just I don't want us to do a Southampton and be in debt for all the players they paid.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh, another negative thread.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

Well not often I say this but he's got a good point and your response is similiar to ones I was hearing from Southampton fans a few years ago.

Look at them now.

Everybody has a perfect right to question everything (to a fine detail) about the finances of this club.

( and that also means questioning the club where exactly the money was coming from for the new stadium after the world economy had crashed )

In fact everyone has the right to question everything.

Unfortunately I havent got the time (or motivation) to be a thorn in the side of any new regime.

Fortunately some people will and I hope that just under the Knight and pre-Knight era, questions will continue to be asked.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
OK its nice we have financial security but I hope we do not get carried away with getting to the promised land to quickly. Spending transfer fees is one thing, but the problem with trying to get somewhere quickly is getting certain players who will demand more from wages. I want there to be a strong threshold and the right balance of quality and experience.

Do you have faith in Slade and Bloom getting it right? I do. Just I don't want us to do a Southampton and be in debt for all the players they paid.

You a brighton fan again now and not a Wolves glory hunter.....how is the lesbian tree sister of yours

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Dick will still be there offering advice to TB when it comes to wages and contracts. TB is a poker player and knows about playing percentages , so he wont be shelling out on chancers wanting to wear the stripes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I make you spot on, good post and a valid concern.
I'm confident this board will not let that happen though. Bloom hasn't made his millions by being foolish with his money. I have faith they will run a tight ship - we are NOT another Leeds.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm confident this board will not let that happen though. Bloom hasn't made his millions by being foolish with his money. I have faith they will run a tight ship - we are NOT another Leeds.

I agree. It's a good point and we can't just go around throwing money left right and centre. I'm confident we won't, I think we'll build this coming season and then make a run at promotion the year after that.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

mainly because we won't be a penny in debt - if as the argus have suggested bloom converts the full loans into shares.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will someone please tell me where it says he'll be spending loads on players and wages?

I read this whole scenario as the stadium being funded, maybe a little more cash for the playing side, and that's about it. I don't see any Roman Abramoviches anywhere.

Though perhaps the wine is now fogging my thought process and I've missed something really obvious :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here