Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

visual two-way intercom

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Is there such a thing? Has anyone got it? How expensive is it?

I want to get an intercom system for the house and thought a visual one would be awesome, any advice?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have been to places where they have precisely what you describe as an entry system, not sure where you would get one from though, a company selling home security might be a good start.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I don't think it's an entry system I'm after, just two screens with voice communication between them..!?!?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I have found lots door entry systems (link) but cannot find any two way visual intercom type thingys!?!

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not thinking of a 'window', are you?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
:lolol: :lolol:

Maybe I could strategically place lots of mirrors around the house and use empty bake bean cans and some string!!!:clap:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
There's a shop on Preston Road in Brighton that sells locks and all manner of security apparatus. I bet they'd have one in there.

I reckon the chepaest kind would be one you wire up to your telly, though it might not necessarily be two-way.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
my video entry is knackered at the moment and I've had a quote of £480 ro replace it, but that does include door release from Dorcom 0800 068 5447 or 01273 202851. But you can get cheaper units from wholesalers for about £250 and get fitted by an electrician, they won't touch them.
But if their engineers are like their sales guy forget it. Been waiting for over a week for written quote so I can submit to managing agent despite 3 phone calls. :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here