Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
I was really impressed with him last night, the nutmeg on the Argyle left back to set up Knight was sublime.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He's big and tall, but he's not clumsy and plays like's he got a low centre of gravity (unlike Mayo). He's also awesome in the air.

Apart from El Abd and Robinson, the only decent youth player around

dwayne said:
Hinsh and Mcphee are ok, never gonna be much more than 2nd div players though.

You really do have NO idea, do you. Stick to talking about American rappers and London nightclubs. At least then you can bluff your way through with bullshit. There's plenty of people on here that know far more about Albion, and football in general, than you.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Hinsh and McPhee are ok but Virgo looked class last night.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have never seen Virgo do much wrong to lose his place to be honest. When has he ever let us down ? He had an excellent match last night, and if it keeps Watson on our left-midfield rather than at right-back, then long may it continue.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Safeway said:
You really do have NO idea, do you. Stick to talking about American rappers and London nightclubs. At least then you can bluff your way through with bullshit. There's plenty of people on here that know far more about Albion, and football in general, than you.

It's a game of opinions, mcphee and Hinsh are good 2nd div players but nothing more (and kuipers and Buck have pretty much backed me up there) and many agree with me, so shut your trap, boy.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree Buck, but I think you wanna be looking at who starts these silly arguments, like you say I'm really not too far from popular opinion on this one ...but Valder has stormed in, accusing me of coming out with something so outrageous that I may not have ever gone to a footie mtch in my life.

my rant over

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
sometimes I think if dwayne said the pope was catholic people would dispute it

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I personally think that Hinsh, El-Abd, Virgo, McPhee, Robinson and Harding are all very promising, I think Dwayne is a little off the mark when he says some are only div 2 players though, most of these lads are very young, and given time they can hopefully devlop into very good players who could go on and hold there own in a higher division. McGhee certainly seems to know where and when to introduce a young player into the first team than Martin Hinshelwood ever did.

Who would have said 12 months ago that McPhee would be one of the most improved players in the first team. McGhee sees something in him as he has said he is defintalty one for the future and was bringing Big Trev in to give McPhee a well earned rest and a chance to recharge his batterys.

Chris will learn from Trev and hopefully become an even better player, he needs to devlop some confidence to run into the box at times rather than just hold the ball up that could cause the defence some real problems. At the end of the day at least he isnt Scott Ramsay.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Virgo is an excellent player who was treated appallingly by Coppell.
What encourages me is that so many of our young players are physically strong.
This wouldn't be a bad team:
Kuipers
Virgo Cullip Butters Mayo
ElAbd Carpenter Harding
McPhee Benjamin Knight
subs include Hinsh, Piercy and Robinson.
No I wouldn't pick it but it shows that our youth policy is starting to produce. This has been the most positive aspect of the season.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If I had a hat I'd be eating it about now.
I've never been a Virgo fan. Always thought he looked suspect and used to just hoof the ball away aimlessly (usually into the stands). And I was all for letting him go at the end of the season.
Watching the Plymouth game has changed my mind. He was superb. He got in some very important defensive headers, tackled well and did really well in setting up the goal.
Well done Adam :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Virgo has always been one to look out for IMHO.

He is without doubt the best tackler in the team and has never been afraid to get forward. It was great to see him play so well in front of the cameras especially with the nutmeg and the GREAT cross to set up Knights goal.

Well done that man:clap2:

ps Agree with mona that Coppell treated him like shit. He could have been playing a long time ago i reckon.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Never understood why Virgo was in the wilderness for so long. During the Div 3 championship season he looked very assured on occasion. He didn't do much wrong but found himself going further and further down the pecking order.

I'm glad that he has seized his chance. Let's hope that he makes that right back position his own.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He claimed that Coppell didn't fancy him.

I assume he meant fancy in the managerial sense, rather than the 'didn't like his arse in those shorts' sense. But you just never know with Coppell....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here