• Wrong decision

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 51 18.5%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
time to move on. right decision for all.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
How can you be sure until you know who he has brought in?

Fence

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think most people like Virgs but high wages and irregular appearances shouldn't go together.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Always liked virgo, but its good to get him off the wage bill, although would have liked to have got him on board with a reduced weekly wage...but i dont reckon he would have gone for that!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In Gus we trust.

hopefully

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think it's the wages that have done for him. It has been reported several times in various places that he was the highest earner at the club and unfortunately if this was the case then we can't really justify paying big money for an average player.

I like Virgo but I don't feel like we'll particularly miss him. Certainly he would still be useful but only as back up and back up players need back up pay.

It's worth remembering that he started the season as captain, and we were awful. Crofts has overseen some very decent performances by contrast.

Best of luck to him

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Too much money paid for little productivity - right decision

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Right decision.Gives Adam the chance to make a fresh start and gives Gus more flexibility with his wages budget....looks like we are going to need it if want to mount a serious challenge for promotion next season!!

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
It's the right decision ONLY if he is going to be replaced by someone better. Gus and TB are showing huge ambition with everything they are doing at the moment and they get my benefit of the doubt.
Am confident Virgs will get a decent club coming after him and I really think he deserves it after being a great servant and a willing fighter for us.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I think the big question must be his pay. If he was not on a big wage (as we have been lead to believe he is on) then he would possibly have been kept as cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here