Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin Trains West Coast -Sign the e-petition

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Slightly off topic I know but for those, like me, who want to demonstrate their dissatisfaction with the removal of Virgin from the West Coast rail franchise, you can sign the on-line petition at

Reconsider West Coast Mainline franchise decision - e-petitions

for the record, Virgin took this franchise over when the service was absolute garbage. Their West Coast Pendelino service is now top class and a joy to use. So what do the government do? They give the next 14 years franchise to First Group. For those who have used First Group's train services through out the uK , they are Conference standard at best.

This decision is rubbish and does not award performance in anyway at all.

Hopefully the 100,000 signatures are obtained and the decision can be challenged in some way.

TNBA

TTF

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just signed. I am going to see my M/P about this (Karen Bradley Con) but she won't do anything a CMD newbie.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't think there is much that can be done about it now, Virgin just have to decide if they will be around to pick up the pieces when First Group screw it all up

Au contraire as I understand the figures are already been re-examined that First have proposed

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
The west coast mainline has improved drastically in the last decade with comfort, speed and some bargain prices if booked early....petition signed

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I doubt due to the petition the government will change its mind they get the most money from first that's that were stuck with first and we can't do anything about it

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
OK I give up! What does 'TNBA' at the bottom of all your posts stand for? I've done some searching and all I can come up with is 'The New Adventures of Batman' and 'Tri-n-butyl Aluminium' ??

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Having worked on the Virgin bid team it is humbling to see so many people as outraged as we are. Yhe irony is that in the first five years, we would have paid more to govt than First, which is when the country needs the cash most! The payment profile from that point on by First then becomes crazy and cynically when we believe they will toss back the keys.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
WHY? Now, I have not got trains on that side of the country for years, so I cannot comment upon Virgin's performance.

HOWEVER, I do regularly go out of my way to ensure I use First Hull Trains' service. It is outstanding.

I have seen that First intend to bring several important places back into the mainline network. That coupled with their excellent service elsewhere would lead me to suggest that people look at the facts rather than simply jump on the beardy twat's bangwagon.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Number of signatures: 69,086, not sure how long the petition has been up but can see it hitting 100k comfortably

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Having worked on the Virgin bid team it is humbling to see so many people as outraged as we are. Yhe irony is that in the first five years, we would have paid more to govt than First, which is when the country needs the cash most! The payment profile from that point on by First then becomes crazy and cynically when we believe they will toss back the keys.

Hardly an unbiased view then is it? Frankly, the train services need investment to improve them. Not money going to the Exchequer.

On a more personal note, it is nice to see Branson loose out on something now that his Labour cronies have been shown the door.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
WHY? Now, I have not got trains on that side of the country for years, so I cannot comment upon Virgin's performance.

HOWEVER, I do regularly go out of my way to ensure I use First Hull Trains' service. It is outstanding.

I have seen that First intend to bring several important places back into the mainline network. That coupled with their excellent service elsewhere would lead me to suggest that people look at the facts rather than simply jump on the beardy twat's bangwagon.

Or perhaps some of us use the Virgin service regularly and enjoy its service and punctuality and don't want it to change?

There are a hundred or so Albion fans who wouldn't agree with you on Hull trains service either.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Or perhaps some of us use the Virgin service regularly and enjoy its service and punctuality and don't want it to change?

There are a hundred or so Albion fans who wouldn't agree with you on Hull trains service either.

Maybe they should look at the facts about Saturday's delays then? They were down to Network Rail.

I can only speak as I find, and suggest that as Virgin is a very over-hyped brand, people look at First's offering in detail before whinging.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Maybe they should look at the facts about Saturday's delays then? They were down to Network Rail.

I can only speak as I find, and suggest that as Virgin is a very over-hyped brand, people look at First's offering in detail before whinging.

I have been using Virgin West coast for over 10 years and use it 3 or 4 times a month at least. It's nothing to do with the brand just good punctual reliable service.

Like you say you are in no position to comment as you don't use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here