Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

virgin media v sky

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
we had a power cut last night and when the power came back on there power surge cuased my shit bag sky digibox to blow.

now the thieving wankers at sky wanna charge my 65 notes to get some spotty like geek round to check it out and fix it.....

.....moving on to my question (at last)...i am now tempted to look at f***ing sky off and joining virgin media.

can any1 tell me what the deal is with virgin please? costs, channels, availability etc...??

muchos appriciated!!:thumbsup:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
look at their website, its generally how things work ..

I heart Virgin as well :)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
They wanna charge you to fix your Sky box?

Just tell them you're off to Virgin and I'm sure they'll soon change their tune, although you probably should go to Virgin anyway. Gets rid of that ugly dish on the side of your home for a start

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
They wanna charge you to fix your Sky box?

Just tell them you're off to Virgin and I'm sure they'll soon change their tune, although you probably should go to Virgin anyway. Gets rid of that ugly dish on the side of your home for a start

ha ha....just rang sky and tried that trick and the prick just said fine tell us when u want sky to be cancelled!!

wankers!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
If that is there attitude you'll be better off going to Virgin.

PHONE Virgin and tell them your with SKY and your potentially looking to move to Virgin, you may well get a free V+ box at least :)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I've used both in the last year and i've got too say i much prefer sky, better value for money and now virgin have taken over the what''s on and on demand never works and it always tells' me it's 6.04 last thursday. and you seem to get much less channels

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
just checked virgin site... few questions (i am looking at the XL package) :

*do you HAVE to take a phone line with them?
*where are all the sports channels SSN etc?
*what exactly do you pay for when u move to them? a box or installation costs at all?
*is that £20.50 for all the channels and all landline calls?

to be totally honest i really cant be f***ed with all the hassle of moving suppliers..i hate it. and i do like sky. but £20.50 a month compared to the £60 ish i pay for sky and sky talk is tempting me!!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I would phone back Sky and try the cancellation angle again. Don't be put off by confirming a date etc as you can always change your mind. Normally once they know you are serious they put you through to a customer retention dept to convince you to stay. These guys will probably be able to offer you a free repair at the very least.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
little tip

When you do change over be very careful and check the bills you get thoroughly.

You are separately billed for Broadband now using Virgin as opposed to NTL.

I have just had a punch up with them as they were charging me £97 quids instead of £85 ( for an extra set top box)

I got a £20 refund and my bills corrected, but the nice Indian lady with an American Accent reckoned she had lots of people in the same boat.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
3 for £30 deal , broadband , standard tv and phone with free weekend calls.

Add sports packages on and total is

£46 per month all in.

Catch up TV on demand is a superb feature as well

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
got virgin and can't complain too much (even though i miss Sky One and Sky Sports News) does the job and like the catch up TV idea :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
same here,miss ssn and dream team,but overall their packages are very good value,and never had any probs with them.Sky could never match what i get to be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here