Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin Active Falmer

Dex10

Sep 8, 2010
After much thought I have decided to join a gym and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts/reviews of Virgin Active at Falmer?

Many thanks...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Excellent gym, but when I was looking for gym membership it came out much more expensive than others - I plumped for David Lloyd in the end.
Can't remember the prices - 'a lot' is the closest I can give you.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I'm a fitness first by Brighton station, £35.00 a month, big gym/weight area. Ok it doesnt have a swimming pool but it has steam rooms downstairs and that. Recommend it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've used Virgin on a visitors pass and was impressed but not sure I'd pay £70 a month for it !

Whatever you do, don't sign up to Impluse Leisure at Southwick - one of the worst run gyms ever and the duty managers really are a bunch of plebs who don't understand customer service at all.

Dex10

Sep 8, 2010
I knew it was expensive but its the most convieneint so hopefully I will get my monies worth, the swimming pool is also a factor

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I pay £70 a month and that gets me access to pretty much most of the Virgin Gyms across the country, which is handy as I work all over the place. You also get unofficial match day parking!

If you're going 3-4 times a week it's worth the money. If you intend on going less I'd suggest joining somewhere cheaper.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I see a bromance on the cards.....

bromance-bro-gay-eye-contact-demotivational-poster-1247457597.jpg

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It is expensive, very expensive. But ultimately you have to go somewhere convenient so you actually go regularly. As it's on my way home and I can park there, I signed up a couple of months back. I visit about 3 times a week and use the gym, exercise classes, steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. I'm also looking to start using the squash courts too, as this is another member extra that's included you don't always find elsewhere.

I've basically accepted the high price as something I just have to pay for the convenience of it. It's also worth factoring in that you can park there during home games for free, although don't expect to be out in any hurry.

I was initially very disappointed with the cafe bar which just served greasy nonsense and beers which seemed to be completely at odds with it being a HEALTH club however they've recently introduced a new menu where you pick one protein (chicken, fish etc.), one vege side, one carb (potato, noodles, rice etc.) and some sauce which you can have in large or small portions. Healthy and nutritious so I'm not averse to having a nice meal after my workout these days.

It is a very nice club but it is a lot more expensive than other places so you really have to be sure it's where you want to go. Surprisingly busy for somewhere so steep too, so don't expect that high price to make it more exclusive.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Looking at gym prices down south makes me happy to be away at uni. £190 a year for one of the best free weights in the country, happy days!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes it's a good gym. We do quite a few of the classes, and use the pools....I tend to use the outside one more, even in the depths of winter...

Worth the money for the mrs and I as we tend to go 5 times a week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here