Vintage video highlights - Liverpool v Brighton (FA Cup) January 1991

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I was there.

I was sat in an isle seat and when we equalised I remember running to the bottom of the stand, then back to the top and then back to the bottom of the isle with excitement!!

I was 18 then. I'm 38 now.

Depressing!

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Remember I nearly had a heart attack with excitement as JB headed the equalizer, truly memorable game, lost the replay, on my birthday too, after extra time if I remember.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
A great effort from the lads,.. it was a grand day out for sure,... also did you notice a proper rendition of GOSBTS at the end,... not that frantic cobblers a lot of you lot attempt in more recent years,.....

GOSBTS needs to change for next season,... stop that shite pre-amble der der der der der,.... and stop speeding it up to speeds only seen or heard at a trance gig.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I was there - in with the Liverpool fans. When we equalised I stood up and then realised where I was so just sat down after a few seconds. That should have been the winner though - how was Rush's second goal not offside?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Mascot

My youngest was mascot that day (he's now 28!) and we were able to stand outside the changing rooms by the "This is Anfield" sign. We met Gillespie, Houghton and Billy Liddell before the match. What a great day for many reasons! Thanks for posting the clip.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I was in the Kemlyn Rd stand with a mate but we both got moved at half time and sat in those single aisle seats that were I guess for the stewards

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I was there too, great memories. Who went up on the Seagull Special charter train that was run for the day?

Best memory was a copper talking to me at half time about why so many of us were in Johnny Crumplin fooball genius t shirts, as he thought he was rather good. I think this was after Crumplins famous dummy on John Barnes.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That was my first ever away game. What a day. Byrnes goal was a classic.

I was there too. Bought a BHA scarf off a spiv outside the ground.

Crumps totally outplayed John Barnes in that game , probably JC's finest in an Albion shirt. Somewhere at home I've got the match video - we didn't put one out but its just the game footage

And then we went to watch Woking play at Everton on the Sunday.

happy days

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Huh. Don't know how you could enjoy that, it was only an FA Cup game at Anfield. We'd have been better off getting knocked out early and concentrating on the League.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
What a great day out that was, great seeing the pictures from behind the goal as the two Brighton goals were just as I remembered them. Trying to remember the team from that footage, anyone help with the gaps (and the memory).

Digweed
Crumplin Chivers ?? Chapman ?
Walker Barham Wilkins ??
Byrne Small

Or did Johnny Byrne come on as a sub?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I was 16 and skint, so couldn't afford to go. Then, at lunchtime on the day of the game my Mum pipes up and asks why I didn't go, as she would have paid for me. A tad late to tell me that.

Went to the replay though and walked home to Portslade absolutely gutted, but very proud.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I was there, great memories that day. Absolutely one of the best days out as an Albion fan ever.

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
Great day out went up on the Sussex express with a liverpool mate of mine . Couldnt work out as we went through Crew why there was a load of abuse and whatever else was being thrown at the train . Well not until i looked out the window towards the back of the train , only to see a chap hanging out the window with a flag singing GOSBTS at full wack . Also remember talking to one of the wpc's up there (a good looking one ) about the hilsbrough disater and how it had affected everyone .
Must get back in to going to away trips .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here