Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villarreal Relagated

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
had them to lose against Atletico on my 10 team accumulator, now only need Inter to win away at Lazio (Inter 1-0 up) and PSG and Lyon to win (both 0-0 at HT)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's been a bad few years for them, the Yellow Submarine has sunk. They hadn't been in La Liga all that long before they got to the Champions League semi-finals. The Spanish league does bonkers things like this though, a good team will get relegated every couple of years. Atletico Madrid themselves were relegated not all that long ago.

In other European news, Juventus completed the season unbeaten and are Champions. On the assumption they didn't buy this title, congratulations to them, amazing achievement considering they had to assemble an almost complete new team over the last couple of years. I have a feeling they'll be well placed for the Champions League next season...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Villareal have some very useful players who might be realistic targets for us - the likes of Ruben, an Argentine forward who hasn't quite broken through with them but is skillful and fast

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It's been a bad few years for them, the Yellow Submarine has sunk. They hadn't been in La Liga all that long before they got to the Champions League semi-finals. The Spanish league does bonkers things like this though, a good team will get relegated every couple of years. Atletico Madrid themselves were relegated not all that long ago.

In other European news, Juventus completed the season unbeaten and are Champions. On the assumption they didn't buy this title, congratulations to them, amazing achievement considering they had to assemble an almost complete new team over the last couple of years. I have a feeling they'll be well placed for the Champions League next season...

This is only going by what you said as I have no idea about Italian football but isn't this the exact reason why so many people including myself dislike City?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Saw Villarreal at Bayern in the Champions League back in Autumn and they were woeful. But I never thought they'd get relegated. Maybe a case of a small club flying too high - combining League games and Champions League is a lot to ask.

Similar case in France this weekend - Auxerre relegated after 31 years in the top flight.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is only going by what you said as I have no idea about Italian football but isn't this the exact reason why so many people including myself dislike City?

If you dislike City for that reason, then yes you migjt dislike Juventus too. I don't understand though. Juventus haven't spent anything like the money City did though, and Buffon is still there as well as Del Piero. When I said they'd built a new team, I was referring to the fact their relegation meant they lost a lot of their players and had to almost start again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here