Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa - surely the neutrals' favourite

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from having had a great day out there this season...I was watching the game against Burnley as Villa cut them to pieces, and just enjoying the fact that pouring forward were Downing, Milner, Young, Agbonlahor, Heskey and Warnock. As we know only too well, Delph and Delfouneso aren't too shabby as back-up. All English players, and potential national team picks now or in the future.

Some, I know, don't give a shit where a player is from but personally I still find there is extra enjoyment watching a top side with a very strong English contingent - very rare these days and can only help the national team.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I feel the same you seem to feel about Villa, about Tottenham. Very easy to watch, good English players and actually working toward achieving something and upsetting the status quo. 2 clubs being well run by managers given the time and funds to create a squad and get the team moving forward. Everton are another very good example of a well run club achieving good results and building a good side based around English players and playing a good brand of football.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Would have to pick Spurs myself also although it is good to see Villa doing well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I like Villa.

A genuine big club with decent supporters, not too far up themselves, have actually WON the European Cup, dont think they have a divine right to every trophy every year, probably a shining example of a premier league club (who have "foreign" owners) - no scandals, no crisis if they dont win three games in a row, just going about their business. I hope they do well.

Plus they have provided more England internationals than any other club!

Oh and th Acorns "sponsorship" is the icing on the cake.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I like Villa.

A genuine big club with decent supporters, not too far up themselves, have actually WON the European Cup, dont think they have a divine right to every trophy every year, probably a shining example of a premier league club (who have "foreign" owners) - no scandals, no crisis if they dont win three games in a row, just going about their business. I hope they do well.

What he said.

:thumbsup:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
i like villa.

A genuine big club with decent supporters, not too far up themselves, have actually won the european cup, dont think they have a divine right to every trophy every year, probably a shining example of a premier league club (who have "foreign" owners) - no scandals, no crisis if they dont win three games in a row, just going about their business. I hope they do well.

Plus they have provided more england internationals than any other club!

Oh and th acorns "sponsorship" is the icing on the cake.

t.h.a.t.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I like Villa.

And a third :thumbsup: in a row from me

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
And that Martin O'Neill is a nice chap isn't he? Said some complimentary things about the Albion, although he did rather spoil the effect by making similar comments about P****e!

Oct 25, 2003
the only player in their first team/back ups/ who haven't played for a while in the uk is carew....and a fair few of their best players are english

they're good to watch, so yeah, i agree, i WELL want them to come 4th

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Another vote for "what he said" and "t.h.a.t"

A good team to watch play, I think the future England stars are safe in the hands of Martin O'Neill and Villa...would be very happy if they finished fourth, or higher!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I like Spurs and Villa, Both great to watch and would love one of them to grab what appears to be the only spot for Chapions League that is available with Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal appearing to take the first 3 already

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I like Villa.

I know I'm not the first to agree but this sums it all up for me.

How can you NOT wish Villa well? Unless you're a Birmingham/Wolves/West Brom fan. They're a shining beacon to everyone else. I just hope they start pushing on a bit because I'd like to see them competing for more than just 4th in the Premiership and the occasional Carling Cup final.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
liverpool are SO DULL to watch it's untrue

even Liverpool fans are saying this. At least with ManU you get some counterattacking excitment with some comedy defending.

Villa and Spurs have made sides that play fast and interesting football. You could probably field a credible England side from just them. formation might be 334 though :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find VANILLA much easier to like these days, now that JOHN GREGORY has nothing to do with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here