Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Views on Jordan (the country not the slapper)?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Easyjet has just started to flying to Jordan, bit different to the usual places to visit.

So, as NSC is the fountain of all knowledge, anyone been? top tips? where to go and where to avoid?

:thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think loads of people have entered her already

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
If you like eating sheep heads you'll love it. Also make sure you haven't got an Israel stamp in your passport or they might not let you in.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Stunning. Dead sea, Petra, Red Sea coast, and loads of other things to see. It is very close to the West Bank, so there are tensions, but I loved it.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Wonderful country and lovely people. International cuisine in the hotels, wide range of all types of restaurants in the cities. Alcohol no problem. I've been to Jordan many times and I love it!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
How far is Petra from the capital? Also, is it easy/close to travel to any other neighbouring countries? Thanks for all your advice so far. There are a few NSC'ers that are up for the trip.

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Easyjet has just started to flying to Jordan, bit different to the usual places to visit.

So, as NSC is the fountain of all knowledge, anyone been? top tips? where to go and where to avoid?

:thumbsup:

Been loads and it is f***ing amazing! Petra! Dead sea! Jerash! Desert forts! Wadi rum! Houngan even get into the settler state (Israel) quite easily. GO!

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
How far is Petra from the capital? Also, is it easy/close to travel to any other neighbouring countries? Thanks for all your advice so far. There are a few NSC'ers that are up for the trip.

About three hours or so by car.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Drive to Petra is ok about 3h. Stayed in Beit Zaman, I enjoyed this hotel built from an old village.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Nice people, great food... airport is a million miles from anywhere so be careful you dont get conned on a taxi... oh and DO NOT chat up Jordanian girls. They can be very friendly (especially the Christians) but that's all they are doing... don't misread it as family members take it very seriously.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nice country ***WARNING** £50 to get into Petra is a piss take..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here