Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

View from the Birmingham end

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Couldn't get in the away end so in with the funny speaking people.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I couldn't think of anything worse, quite frankly. Mind you don't tread on too many knuckles when leaving your seat Mr G. :thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Did this in the mid 1990s at St Andrews when we couldn't get away tickets. Put on the worst brummie accent ever at the ticket office. We went 2-0 down early on and were the only ones not celebrating, and then the within the blink of an eye we were 3-2 up! Birmingham got a last minute penalty, which Nicky Rust saved, but they put away the rebound, which was a bit of a sickener.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Locals weren't happy. Basically everyone thought we outplayed them and I had a great view of the handball in the second half. Definite penalty. One of the locals said he saved it like a goalkeeper and you could hear the slap onto his hand/arm from the stand! Also though when brought down at the end it might have been a penalty.

Good result though.

And yes it was a late decision to go so didn't get an away end ticket. Had a better view than you lot though!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Did this in the mid 1990s at St Andrews when we couldn't get away tickets. Put on the worst brummie accent ever at the ticket office. We went 2-0 down early on and were the only ones not celebrating, and then the within the blink of an eye we were 3-2 up! Birmingham got a last minute penalty, which Nicky Rust saved, but they put away the rebound, which was a bit of a sickener.

Mentioned this very game and same circumstances on the Roar today. :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Locals weren't happy. Basically everyone thought we outplayed them and I had a great view of the handball in the second half. Definite penalty. One of the locals said he saved it like a goalkeeper and you could hear the slap onto his hand/arm from the stand! Also though when brought down at the end it might have been a penalty.

Good result though.

And yes it was a late decision to go so didn't get an away end ticket. Had a better view than you lot though!!!

Cheers, always interesting to hear an alternate view.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
On bus from St Andrews, overheard a Brummie tell his mate that we looked the best away side to visit so far this season.
'twas I indeed a good away point, remember they beat Leeds recently and have been on a good run. For my ten penneth, Paynter looked good when he came on, the jigsaw suddenly looked like it fits, CMS suddenly on end of things, midfield higher up the pitch, much better. BTW Birmingham's a s£&@hole isn't it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Other thing I picked up was how depressed the locals are. Apparently the rumour is that the current owners have to find £10million by January or they're going into admin!!

They raved about CMS and Noone.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Other thing I picked up was how depressed the locals are. Apparently the rumour is that the current owners have to find £10million by January or they're going into admin!!

They raved about CMS and Noone.

Birmingham is in alot of financial trouble at the moment. Their owner last I heard was being detained on fraud chargers and such. Has no money for the club, they had to fire sell alot of players in the offseason because of it.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Birmingham is in alot of financial trouble at the moment. Their owner last I heard was being detained on fraud chargers and such. Has no money for the club, they had to fire sell alot of players in the offseason because of it.
From what i see of it, the whole of Birmingham is financial trouble

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I had the pleasure of watching from the Directors' Box. Hospitality was exceptional. Pannu (acting chairman while the owner is incarcerated in Hong Kong) was clearly unhappy with the supporters who were being outsung by our mob throughout. There are two camps at Blues. One lot admit to no problems and the others see nothing but. Success in Europe will cover some cracks but there is a financial crisis in the offing. The money the new owner said he had was never there and Gold and Sullivan took a lot of cash out of the club when they left. A fire sale in January seems a real possibility but it's rumoured that they have tried to sell Zigic (biggest earner) with no takers and if they lose the likes of Burke, Rideout and Beausejour their season will surely suffer. There is still lots of bad feeling about McLeish going to Villa but they are waking up to having found a very good coach to replace him and are playing better football than they have for years. No betting he will stay though if it all goes tits up in the boardroom come the new year.

Listening in on post match conversations they were very happy with the point in the end despite having expected an easy three points beforehand. Tony Bloom was charm itself and I also had the chance to chat with Messrs Parry and Knight and to thank the latter for all he has done for the club. He was on excellent form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here