Vicente ... missing AGAIN

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I want to know where Ryan Harley was on Saturday. :moo:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of course, with only 5 subs allowed, and having to fit the loanees in ( as otherwise there is no point them being here) there are a few who will miss out...vicente, harley, sparrow, jakie, dicker( when he is back) Lua lua, noone are all really chasing one position if Bridcutt, navarro, razzack and Assulin are the first choice.

its also interesting that El Abd and Dunk are after 1 place

we havent even mentioned painter and calderon fighting for the full back places.

I cant remember us ever having a squad where so many good players are fighting for poitions... i bet training is very feisty!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
of course, with only 5 subs allowed, and having to fit the loanees in ( as otherwise there is no point them being here) there are a few who will miss out...vicente, harley, sparrow, jakie, dicker( when he is back) Lua lua, noone are all really chasing one position if Bridcutt, navarro, razzack and Assulin are the first choice.

If Vicente was fit (and declared himself fit) I would be astounded if didn't get an appearance.

TBH I'll be glad when this particular saga is over.

After watching Saturday the dependency I thought we might have on him isn't something that concerns me now

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If Vicente was fit (and declared himself fit) I would be astounded if didn't get an appearance.

TBH I'll be glad when this particular saga is over.

After watching Saturday the dependency I thought we might have on him isn't something that concerns me now

No I agree, I think he is very much the luxury now, especially with Assulin being a similar sort of player ( and obviously fitter)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
No I agree, I think he is very much the luxury now, especially with Assulin being a similar sort of player ( and obviously fitter)

That may well be true but nonetheless I hope that we don't p--- him (VR) off as there is probably more likelihood of VR being here next season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Some interesting and wise responses (in addition to the insults), but I still believe that whatever we are paying him could have been better spent on a player who would have given us more minutes on the pitch and contributed more than Vicente has.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK, OK. So he's played a few minutes for us, scored a goal and mybe has a couple of assists. Still doesn't make him a worthwhile acquisition in my opinion.

Vicente has made a direct contribution to this season's points tally that just might mean the difference between making the play-offs or not. Even if he never kicks another ball for the Albion that will have made him a worthwhile signing. IMHO, like.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Vicente has made a direct contribution to this season's points tally that just might mean the difference between making the play-offs or not. Even if he never kicks another ball for the Albion that will have made him a worthwhile signing. IMHO, like.
exactly :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Gus decided to give "that" spot on the bench to Assulin, as he's only here for the month.

Spot 1 - Always going to have a keeper - Ankers
Spot 2 - Defensive option needed - Calde
Spot 3 - LuaLua deserved to be at least on the bench after Liverpool
Spot 4 - Went to Assulin who is hardly SHIT
Spot 5 - Vokes - hold up strikers, offers something different

I don't see the space for Vicente, if Assulin is up for 15 minutes or so and Gus wants to give him a chance.

f*** me, some people are DETERMINED to find something to moan about.

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
So simple really gus has got loads of players and is having a look at them. Vicente is a luxury player like lua lua and assulin so he could not have a hole bench of them or there is no back up for defence etc. trust in gus he is stubborn but generally right and we play well or win So what's the problem.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It does make me chuckle to think that some people actually think he could be dropped or not selected..As if we are that good, that we could do that. Yes we may win games without him, which we clearly do. But a fit Vicente walks into almost any side in Europe and to suggest some people think he could be dropped....As the late Frank Carson would say" that's a cracker"...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It does make me chuckle to think that some people actually think he could be dropped or not selected..As if we are that good, that we could do that. Yes we may win games without him, which we clearly do. But a fit Vicente walks into almost any side in Europe and to suggest some people think he could be dropped....As the late Frank Carson would say" that's a cracker"...

They are showing how much they really know about football by suggesting such a thing.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
OK, OK. So he's played a few minutes for us, scored a goal and mybe has a couple of assists. Still doesn't make him a worthwhile acquisition in my opinion. Would love to know how much we're paying him and how much that works out at per minute he has been on the pitch.

Take away four points from our end of season total and if we are still in the play off position, then he has been a waste of money. That's if he never plays again. If however we get in the play off positions by four points or less, then he has been very worth while. Because four points is what Vicente won us, almost single handed against Leeds and Leicester. No other player we had at the time, could have changed them games the way he did.....But yes I am pissed off with his lack off action as well.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Vicente has shown what he can do in the time he has been on the pitch. He is absolute class. We seem to go round and round on this topic every time he is not playing.

But some seem to forget that the quality he packs into his contributions make him extremely valuable.

And to the contributor who suggested we should get rid of Noone, I say - How many times has he won MoM award? Be careful what you wish for!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here