Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente ... missing AGAIN

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, to conclude he wasn't injured, he just couldn't make the 16 which highlights how strong our squad is. Now stop moaning about problems that aren't there, jesus christ.
Mentals, isn't it.
Esp when you add Dunk, Sparrow, JFK, Noone, Toby, the rest of the kids, Hall, etc... Harley.

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
Bored bored bored............boring, oh and not having ago at the thread starter... Just a done to death thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't really understand why all you retards are having a go at the threat starter for asking a perfectly valid question. After the Hull match, Gus said he left Vicente at home as he didn't want to take him all the way to Hull for 20 minutes on an awful pitch. Fair enough. But he also says he left him in Brighton with the aim of him completing five training sessions in order to be ready for Saturday. Saturday comes and he's still absent. There is a question to be asked in my opinion.
wheres the one about Noone then? eh?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I don't really understand why all you retards are having a go at the threat starter for asking a perfectly valid question. After the Hull match, Gus said he left Vicente at home as he didn't want to take him all the way to Hull for 20 minutes on an awful pitch. Fair enough. But he also says he left him in Brighton with the aim of him completing five training sessions in order to be ready for Saturday. Saturday comes and he's still absent. There is a question to be asked in my opinion.

yep, can't stand all the vicente baiting, but fair point.
admittedly our squad is stronger than it has been for a long long time,
but i wouldn't suggest that we are that good that we would choose to leave a player of his calibre out or the squad completely....so........injured?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Shut the f*ck up you moron. This, in the light of the size of our squad and what he's done in the games he's played is jaw-droppingly stupid. Have you actually seen him, or the team play recently? You're either not a supporter or maybe taking the piss ???

You must be a thoroughly dislikeable individual. Sounds like you don't want anyone to post any comments you don't agree with. Well, that's just not how the board works.
It goes like this:
1. I post a comment
2. You respond if you wish to, either agreeing, disagreeing, or adding something worthwhile to the conversation.
3. Others add their comments.
4. I might counter, or comment further.
5. You can add further constructive points.

Hurling abuse at people on here really isn't necessary and certainly adds nothing whatsoever to the subject matter being discussed.

And actually, just for your information, I have seen every home game this season, three or four away games, and I have been a supporter for five decades.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

My hunch. Gus would rather that nobody ever mentioned his name again. I think he'll continue to play the whole thing down ... we may see one, perhaps two more cameo appearances this season, the curtain comes down and we simply start next season with no Vicente on books, no statements, nothing.

As I say ..... just a hunch

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Mentals, isn't it.
Esp when you add Dunk, Sparrow, JFK, Noone, Toby, the rest of the kids, Hall, etc... Harley.

Ridiculous really. I know we'll never sign the two man city midfielders, but I really feel for people like Toby who haven't really put a foot wrong. Sparrow was on great form before he got suspended, crazy.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

:fishing:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
By all means start a thread on it as that would also be valid. I suspect the answer in that case is just that he's nowhere even close to being good enough and a million miles behind both Buckley and Kazenga. Some of us having been saying that all season, rather than being blinded by a couple of months of largely pointless trickery.

lol

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
My hunch. Gus would rather that nobody ever mentioned his name again. I think he'll continue to play the whole thing down ... we may see one, perhaps two more cameo appearances this season, the curtain comes down and we simply start next season with no Vicente on books, no statements, nothing.

As I say ..... just a hunch

I don't really understand why you think this. Obviously it was frustrating when he was out for that period but he is back now and anyone thinking he was going to play 90 minutes week in week out was/is deluded. He was bought (imo of course) to play the odd game and occasionally get thrown on as a sub if we are lacking 'quality' as Gus would say

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
You must be a thoroughly dislikeable individual. Sounds like you don't want anyone to post any comments you don't agree with. Well, that's just not how the board works.
It goes like this:
1. I post a comment
2. You respond if you wish to, either agreeing, disagreeing, or adding something worthwhile to the conversation.

Hurling abuse at people on here really isn't necessary and certainly adds nothing whatsoever to the subject matter being discussed.

And actually, just for your information, I have seen every home game this season, three or four away games, and I have been a supporter for five decades.
Not the way I normally post. I was exasperated and thought we'd covered this ad infintum months ago. I felt the original post was pointless, ill-informed, insulting and uncalled for. I still do.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Why 'get rid'?

This is a fair point, it might save some money (though likely have to pay up for the year contract anyway), but it's not our money being spent and it's not like we're going to sign anyone else in his place at this stage. How is getting rid actually doing anything other than losing us a decent option? (and therefore complete stupidity)

Real question.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We all knew the score when he signed, he had not played regularly for years and he was not going to be the player he was (otherwise he wouldn't have signed for us). Gus is trying to get the best out of him and by the sounds of it build his confidence so he can play more often. It that means he misses games now for a pay off later then I say it it worth it, after all it is the only way we are going to get a player of his experience and quality at Brighton. As has been mentioned we also have a big enough squad to cover him when, for what ever reason, it is decided that he cannot, should not or doesn't feel up to playing. Complaining that a he didn't play when we won 3-0 against a decent Ipswich team seems a bit odd frankly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It goes like this:
1. I post a comment

You don't like others hurling abuse but do it yourself. You didn't ask the question, 'Is Vicente injured again or dropped?' but drew your own conclusions before starting the thread, which doesn't make for good debate.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't really understand why you think this. Obviously it was frustrating when he was out for that period but he is back now and anyone thinking he was going to play 90 minutes week in week out was/is deluded. He was bought (imo of course) to play the odd game and occasionally get thrown on as a sub if we are lacking 'quality' as Gus would say

But someone just commented that he's not good enough to make the bench. So how's he going to get thrown on as a sub?

Look, I'm quite prepared to accept that we have a good squad at present and not everyone is going to make the squad for every game. BUT this guy was supposed to be the bee's knees, the best thing since sliced bread, our saviour and hero, the most quality player ever to wear an Albion shirt ..... and ? And nothing. Zero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here