Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - Homesick??

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I heard Vicente went back to Spain on Thursday (he never turned up as reported to the sports shop signing session)

3 different people i met on Sat at Brum have mentioned he is homesick. Anyone think there is any truth in this?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nope think he is injured and getting annoyed that he can't help the team

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Injured and trip back to Spain was agreed.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Eeee's bound to be missing home a bit, but no reason to panic.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
you don't think that is why a 30 yr old Spanish international with La Liga title and European medals in his cupboard signed for a newly promoted Championship side do you?

Good post. Some people seemed to have been expecting Vicente to play 46 games this season and score 20 goals. If that were likely to happen we would not have got near him. He was always going to be a bit part player.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I know the taxi driver who took Vicente to the airport. According to said driver.
Vicente is very happy in Brighton and his wife is stunning.

Please move along there is nothing to see ..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think for a moment that the issue is homesickness. I'm not convinced there even IS a problem.

The suggestion from Valencia that his injury problems were 'partly in his head', are something that I worry a little bit about, though. Hopefully its nonsense.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
why oh why do people feel the need to spread rumours like this based on NO evidence?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With cheap and easily accessible air travel it is always likely that if he is not needed for a couple of days he would fly home rather than idle his time around a hotel Would the sazme be said if Harper flew home to Newcastle for a couple of days when he had time off.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Has he now learnt enough English to converse with a Brighton taxi driver? Wow - he must be a quick learner.

I suspect his English is the same as when he arrived however the Taxi driver in question has a Spanish wife and so speaks some Spanish. Suspect it's better than mine.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We were told by the club that he could not do the signing at Sports Dreams because he had to fly back to Spain for TREATMENT, also I highly doubt a 30 year old professional footballer would need to fly back to Spain because he is homesick..

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sid Lowe - La Liga correspondent on Guardian Football Weekly Podcast - when we signed he mentioned that a lot of his 'injuries' over the years have been 'psychological' - I took that as meaning he's quite fragile and has to be in the right frame of mind to play

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Any idea when he is expected back from injury?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
bet he is feeling homesick after last nights result - perhaps he should listent to gus' and go home - simples really...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here