Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente ( a repeating saga)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ok, its only a quote from Wikipedia, but it reportedly comes from the player himself during his Valencia injury saga and strikes me as possibly the crux of it all, in my opinion of course....

""On top of this, then they tell me maybe my injury doesn’t exist, and it is all psychological. It's very hard, I can’t stand it any longer. I’ve lost all confidence in the doctor...."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many patient on house have been told that there's no real problem? We just need a brilliant, but mad, diagnostic expert to spend some time with Vicente. He'll solve it in the last segment.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
How many patient on house have been told that there's no real problem? We just need a brilliant, but mad, diagnostic expert to spend some time with Vicente. He'll solve it in the last segment.

Usually Syphilis isn't it ?!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He is set to play some part tomorrow :moo: don't curse it on friday 13th

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Sid Lowe at the Guardian flagged this up on a podcast when it was announced that we were signing him - that the medical team at Valencia believed there was largely nothing wrong with him and it was psychological.

Exactly, he came with baggage. That's why we got him and not a Premier league side.

It's like looking at attractive 35+ ladies. They're bound to have some baggage somewhere.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
So in theory if we sorted out his psychological issues we would have an injury free easily prem standard midfielder?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He's gonna score tomorrow, I can feel it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
So in theory if we sorted out his psychological issues we would have an injury free easily prem standard midfielder?

No. We'd have one of the best left wingers on the planet for about 3 minutes until a top club nicks him from us.

As long as he stays injured / mental he's ours. Lets keep it that way.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Shall we do the same with Lua-Lua, Nooney, Buckley, Painter & Tanno who have all had trouble with their Hamstrings lately?
The same what exactly?... Vicente hasn't got a hamstring injury.

Sid Lowe at the Guardian flagged this up on a podcast when it was announced that we were signing him - that the medical team at Valencia believed there was largely nothing wrong with him and it was psychological.

Being serious for a moment... this could be similar to Dartitus, writers block or even stage fright. Illnesses of the mind, which if it is the case that Vicente's injuries are imagined as opposed to being actually physical, are a completely different
matter. One might think that the only way to cure a person suffering in this way is to get that person playing at a level at which they feel comfortable and prove to them that their body is up to the task. Once confidence has been re-established, it will then be time to introduce them to a higher level. A stretch playing for the reserves might be an option. if it can be proven to Vicente that he is physically capable, we might then see what we have all been hoping for.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He hasn't got a hamstring injury - he's just hamstrung by injuries.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Before anyone asks it WASNT me who amended wiki. For the record I would LOVE nothing more than Vicente to be starting every week, bamboozling defences, laying on chances for CMS on a plate and chipping in with quality goals.

However as he has been here since SEPTEMBER Im not holding my breath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here