Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

VERY random bit of Vicente gossip

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Blimey. What next. Seen buying a one year saver ticket? An annual pass to the Sealife Centre? Or joining the Cuckoo's Nest Morris Dancers as violinist?

Bless. Getting all peeked, because somebody else knows something you don't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has someone got a copy of today's Argus? Another poster mentioned he'd read that Gus was hopeful that Vicente would be training with us next Monday when the players returned.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very much this.

It doesn't tell us much, except perhaps that clearly Vicente and family have not decided they are definitely leaving.

I'm more optimistic than that, tbh. The guy is a wealthy superstar footballer. He's got better things to do with his time than to fly across Europe sorting out little admin jobs like this, just on the off chance. If this story is true, the Dagger is staying. FACT*

*Not actually fact.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The main thing that is supposedly part of his consideration is whether we have strengthened in the close season, currently we haven't and therefore definitely not getting too excited about any Vicente gossip. The question is will he give us time to strengthen (IF we strengthen) or will he want to tie up a deal elsewhere before then.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sounds encouraging. Thanks for sharing it. I agree with the others who have said it's either us or a club back in Spain. He won't sign for another team in England, I'm sure of that.

If it was another club in the uk they would have to pay a fee so its some consolation :)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The main thing that is supposedly part of his consideration is whether we have strengthened in the close season, currently we haven't and therefore definitely not getting too excited about any Vicente gossip. The question is will he give us time to strengthen (IF we strengthen) or will he want to tie up a deal elsewhere before then.

I suspect that Gus is keeping Vicente informed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Have we not got the option to sign him for another year if he wants to play in this country next season ??

Yes! If he signs for another uk club then they have to pay us a transfer fee*. Essentially he is contracted to us but my understanding is all bets are off if he signs for a club back in spain thats part of the agreement.

*how much is open to negotiation it could be "undisclosed"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
A little more optimistic after reading the first post...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I share Sim, DKM and HKFCs view on this. We all know that these type of arrangements can be broken for what is a nominal fee in footballer terms. However it does indicate that decisions are still to be made, and that we are very much an option for him.

BTW I went to Drusillas yesterday. No minor celebrities but it didnt spoil my day.

In case you're interested like.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Naylor just tweeted
TB on Vicente: "I expect him to be here on Monday". #bhafc
11:23am - 18 Jun 12

twitter doesnt allow enough characters to add................. "to arrange for the rest of his stuff to be sent to Villareal" :lol:

fu*king awesome news. GET IN

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Naylor just tweeted
TB on Vicente: "I expect him to be here on Monday". #bhafc
11:23am - 18 Jun 12

Didn't Gus also say that he 'expected' to announce a/some signing(s) last week? #justsaying...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here