Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

VERY random bit of Vicente gossip

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Went to see my old man today for father's day, he sits next to a couple in their 60's at The Amex. Around 3 weeks ago said couple took their grand-daughter to the local nursery to enrol her for some summer activities and to start in September.

Who should be in there at the same time doing the same with his child, the man himself!

Read into this what you will but there is absolutely no reason for these particular season ticket holders to make up some utter nonsensical bullshit.

A little ray of hope....

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The first signing of the summer that I want above all others is Vicente's kid signed up on a school register in Brighton & Hove.

D

Deleted User X18H

Blimey. What next. Seen buying a one year saver ticket? An annual pass to the Sealife Centre? Or joining the Cuckoo's Nest Morris Dancers as violinist?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My take on the Vicente thing for whats it's worth. He's a CRACKING player, no doubt about that and resigning him WOULD be amazing. He's had his first season, he's hopefully right in the head now and with a decent pre season he could blow this league apart. Personally I would be very disappointed in him if he signed for a Championship rival or for that matter a bottom end Premier League team. I think he owes us one more season having looked after him last year. He doesn't need the money so what point is there in signing for a Premier League team that is going to achieve bugger all. The new kid thing worries me, Mrs Vicente may well turn round to him and say I did the year as we agreed, I want to go home. In that case then fair enough, family comes before football. Having said all that, we fell apart at the end WITH him in the team, As good a player as he is, I won't lose any sleep if he does move on.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'm more likely to believe the OP than most of the shit you come out with

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I still think it's be us or a Spanish side. I can't see him going elsewhere in the UK - especially given how much Gus had to coax him to a point where he was physically and mentally able to perform again.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
"Oh bugger, I can't move clubs now, I've enrolled my kid in summer actvities!" :ffsparr:

I said it was a very random piece of gossip to offer a little ray of hope. It means nothing I know but thought it was worth sharing. Obviously not, I will keep it to myself next time.

*FLOUNCE*

:)

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Would love to see The Dagger return, but as has been said often enough before, really making the most of his talents is going to depend on who else we sign.

Whether he's prepared to delay his decision making long enough to see who else Gus has landed remains to be seen.

If the OP's info is reliable, then that's encouraging news but far from conclusive.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Blimey. What next. Seen buying a one year saver ticket? An annual pass to the Sealife Centre? Or joining the Cuckoo's Nest Morris Dancers as violinist?

More relevant and interesting than your story of stalking a former T.V A.M presenter at the Zoo.

D

Deleted User X18H

The fact that Vicente has been in Spain since early May awaiting the birth of his second child should deter most from this most random of rumours. He might sign he might not. But the fact he has been seen on his mobile near Hove Station, at Fiveways Co-op with Adam Virgo (2008) in Chruchill Square with Billy Sharp (2010) in the Foyer of the Grand Hotel with Michael Owen (2011) or my personal favorite pleading with George Gunn not to shoot him and Bobby Smith (1964) doesn't mean he is coming back.......or does it.

Last edited:

Hilly

Banned
Jul 24, 2007
We need someone down that nursery now to get some pics as proof!

Or maybe not thinking about it...

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Sounds encouraging. Thanks for sharing it. I agree with the others who have said it's either us or a club back in Spain. He won't sign for another team in England, I'm sure of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here