Ventriloquist dummies or Liberal Democrats

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I ask myself is there any difference?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Nick Clegg has morphed from being the great hope for a Liberal resurgence to the architect of its terminal decline. He'll cling to power with a tenacity reminiscent of Gordon Brown - because he knows what will happen when next the nation speaks.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
They are lucky to have a say in anything, with approximately 8% of parliamentary seats.

iansharp

Apr 27, 2010
They are lucky to have a say in anything, with approximately 8% of parliamentary seats.

They're not even that lucky. Remember Clegg's attitude to cuts and macho Toryism before he got a sniff of power - http://twitvid.com/ERX9W

The words 'fig' and 'leaf' come to mind.

(Sorry, can't get it to embed - Clegg answering a question just before the poll).

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you may not have noticed, but ALL politicians quickly change tone and policies get diluted the moment they get in to power. the harsh practicalities are explained to them by Sir Humphrey types and half the manifesto goes out the window.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As we all know,the Liberals are a total disgrace whose only saving grace is that the media have to describe the government as "Alliance" when everybody really recognises it as a Tory govt.It's sickening to see these brown-nosers being head patted by CMD and Lightweight George,who,as the puppeteers have their other hands up the puppets' rear end.

Can't wait for the next election to see these two faced no-hopers disappear down the electoral drain,and my local MP can expect a warm welcome should he trespass on my property.The party conference could be interesting for once as this shower of *hite try to explain themselves to folk totally opposed to conservatism in any form.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
There seems to be a mass delusion on the left, specificlly labour. That Libdems are leftish and PR would mean a way of freezing out the tories in a perpetual Leftish elective dictatorship.

Setting aside how health that would be or maintainable in the long run with UKIP and BNP in Parliament, I doubt thats how Libdems see it.

More a case of perpetual Libdem Government, forming alliances with left then right till they get everything they want.

Polls show that Libdem supporters excluding those who have no clear leaning break down as 2/3 left and 1/3 right.

I would like to see a party promote electral reform that isn't in their favour.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait for the next election to see these two faced no-hopers disappear down the electoral drain,and my local MP can expect a warm welcome should he trespass on my property.

The idea with electral reform is to turn labour into the third party. AV, the little impact it will have will be a Lib dem gain and a Tory and Labour Loss.

Recalibrating constituency numbers on the other hand to even them up will hit Scotland, wales ie Labour hard.

To be fair they do have their own parliaments now and Labour have been rigging the electrol system for years.

The party conference could be interesting for once as this shower of *hite try to explain themselves to folk totally opposed to conservatism in any form.

See my post above, the Idea that LIbdems are leftists who cant quite stomach labour is a fallacy.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There seems to be a mass delusion on the left, specificlly labour. That Libdems are leftish and PR would mean a way of freezing out the tories in a perpetual Leftish elective dictatorship.
How would it be a dictatorship looney?
If more people vote for left leaning parties than right, doesn't that make any conservative government a dictatorship?

The sight of Clegg chuckling away with glee anew, at every utterance from Cameron, is so sycophantic :sheep: it makes me want to :sick:

I have a feeling that, ultimately, the libdems will get pushed further than ever behind the stage curtain once this folly is all over and done with.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
They are scum all in all. They have lied their way into power through deception and absolute falsehoods. They have abandoned the left and they should never get a seat in the house of commons again.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
How would it be a dictatorship looney?
If more people vote for left leaning parties than right, doesn't that make any conservative government a dictatorship?

I said elective dictatorship. when a system is set up in such a way it virtually always guarantees certain parties elected.

Sweden and Mexico both had the same parties in Government for about 75 years. i dont care who it is I just say it is not a healthy system.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are scum all in all. They have lied their way into power through deception and absolute falsehoods. They have abandoned the left and they should never get a seat in the house of commons again.

are refering to Libdems or Labour? :whistle:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nick Clegg has morphed from being the great hope for a Liberal resurgence to the architect of its terminal decline. He'll cling to power with a tenacity reminiscent of Gordon Brown - because he knows what will happen when next the nation speaks.

I would not bet against Clegg leaving the Libs and joining the Tories at the next election.

Speaking objectively, prior to the election I was very enthused by Clegg and the country's appetite for genuine 3-way politics. It turned out that the nation which was screaming 'CHANGE' were actually a bunch of shitters and Clegg a charlatan who would get into bed with anyone if it moved him up the chain.

If Labour go about things correctly then they will have a good chance at the next election which I think will be a lot less than 5 years time. Even when Labour were at absolute rock bottom with crisis after crisis and Brown gaff after Brown gaff the Tories could not muster a majority. That tells you something. And you dont need to be an expert to work out who all the ex-Labour types (or the original Liberal left-wingers) who voted Liberal will put their vote next time round.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I would like to see a party promote electral reform that isn't in their favour.

The words 'voting for Christmas' & 'like Turkeys' immediately springs to mind.

I hope the lying Clegg & his cronies get wiped-out at the next GE, or preferably sooner. They can stick their dreams of voting reform where the sun don't shine 'n' all. :thumbsup:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Will Nick Clegg join the Irish Brigand Party before the next election?

It could be his only route to political self survival .

iansharp

Apr 27, 2010
you may not have noticed, but ALL politicians quickly change tone and policies get diluted the moment they get in to power. the harsh practicalities are explained to them by Sir Humphrey types and half the manifesto goes out the window.

Usually the change of direction takes longer. The 'harsh realities' resisted for as long as possible. These are not normal times and these are not normal politicians. The new rules about dissolving parliament for example - this is just a power grab.

Some economists say the cuts are going much further and deeper than is necessary. Why is Clegg remaining party to that? And Cable? This is not Sir Humphrey's doing, this is a savage Tory govt. imposing their agenda aided and abetted by the LibDems. The LibDems now need AV (or something similar) to avoid being wiped out when the consequences of these cuts becomes clear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here