Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Varndean NSCers unite!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Nicked this idea from the Boundstone thread.

First of all, a big Big Up to Andy Schofield, who's now the head but was deputy head in my days. Man City fan but used to go to the Goldstone, still writes for the programme, and once (after I'd left) got Darren Freeman to be guest of honour at the awards evening! He also got Attila to be a guest speaker in assembly once which pissed off many of the other staff!

And there was mad Mr Schilt the science teacher, and of course Miss Harding who was a dead ringer for the former Secretary of State for Scotland, Donald Dewar.

Anyone else from there on here?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, me.

But I went when it was still a boys' grammar school, although girls were admitted in my final two years.

Two of them in my final year in fact.

Last edited:

G

I was at the girls grammar school, but by the time I had left they had seen the light & started to admit boys, pity they were all too young for me
:lolol:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
SCHILT

that man is a legend

pev, when did you leave?

I still go to the school.

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I left in 1997. My abiding memory of Mr Schilt is him putting a wooden brick through a TV screen in a fit of rage.

Rest of the time he was a very funny and very nice bloke though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Another ex pupil here, I left in the early 90's remember Harding and Schilt. Bowmaker was head back then though, Mr Palmer was a great English teacher who sadly passed away. Mrs Milliam the living dead maths teacher.

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
bigc said:
oh my god!!!!!!!!!!

take a look at this, I made a tribute to the legend

clip_image002.jpg

Marvellous. He's still got the same jumper on that he used to wear when I first went there twelve years ago!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm at Varndean college at the mo ,does that count?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
clip_image002.jpg

Marvellous. He's still got the same jumper on that he used to wear when I first went there twelve years ago!

this year he hasnt taught, he is head of exams, so he does the intros to all the exams, which is quite funny.

I left in 1987 and then went to Varndean 6th Form as well.

Top teachers Mr Allen, Mrs Brett, Miss Harding (scarey but top woman), Mr Palmer and Mr Mullens.

Worse Miss Gaffney, Mr Cook (never changed his shirt or suit in the 4 years i was there), Mrs Paris and Mrs Smithers (she was the head and everyone was scared sh**less of her)

I loved my time at Varndean, very gutted that it is all going to pot at the moment. :(

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Biscuit said:
Im at V'dean college too!

so it grouse.

Cant say Ive ever seen Braders there?:eek:
wednesday evenings

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here