Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vale in the poop...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Port Vale chairman Bill Bratt fears the club could go to the wall if fans do not invest £200,000 by the end of December.

The Valiants' perilous financial situation has worsened after the shock FA Cup exit at the hands of Scarborough.

That prompted Bratt to introduce a Friday deadline for potential investors to come forward.

Two parties have formally approached the club with bids to take a controlling interest.

But Bratt - who last year led a successful takeover of the club by supporters' consortium Valiant 2001 - insists the club's future is in doubt if they are forced to sell a majority shareholding.

He said: "We are on the cliff's edge. We need supporters to come forward and buy shares in the club so we can keep control.

"I believe there's a possibility the club could go if we are forced to sell over 50 per cent of the shares.

"If we can raise this money in the short term we can negotiate with the investors as equal partners rather than it needing to be a takeover."

If the club cannot raise the funds from fans' investment and decide against selling a majority share the likelihood is they would be forced into administration early in the new year.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Let me guess there will be a last minute package put together to save the club,by an un-known consortuim.

same old same old,

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wonder who Robbiw Williams will support then ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Wonder who Robbiw Williams will support then ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trigger said:

The Valiants' perilous financial situation has worsened after the shock FA Cup exit at the hands of Scarborough.

He said: "We are on the cliff's edge. We need supporters to come forward and buy shares in the club so we can keep control.

Oh per-LEASE.
Since when has going out of the FA Cup tipped a club over the edge ? I'm getting sick and tired of all this "club on the brink" bollocks. Sure as shit is brown, we'll soon be seeing "the last ever match for Port Vale", then "the last ever match for Cambridge", then "the last ever match for Oldham", then "the last ever match for York".

Give it a feckin rest. Just go out of business, or shut up. You're boring me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The game actually needs someone to go out of business to kick clubs up the arse.

I'm sick of "[insert club here]'s last ever game at the weekend, donate money please" every other week.

edna krabappel said:
The game actually needs someone to go out of business to kick clubs up the arse.

I'm sick of "[insert club here]'s last ever game at the weekend, donate money please" every other week.

Although if it was those comedians from SE25 the whole football world would :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
robbie earns that much in an hour. if he was a true fan hed put his money where his mouth is. i know i would if i was him

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Williams is a Wa**er who loves nobody or nothing but himself. He's not a true fan or he would have invested in the club long ago (like Norman Cook has with the Albion - and he's worth a fraction of what Wa**er Williams is worth).

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
With what Williams got from Knebworth alone i sure he could spare the cash. But he doesn't really care for Vale, just when ever they got a testimonial comeing up he bark's on about how much of a vale fan he is to get a game to go in the papers!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
He uses the club for cheap publicity.

He is a shallow, deeply annoying C**t who loves himself more than he already admits.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, all I know is this, we've heard, so far this season that Oldham, Notts County, Cambridge and now Port Vale not to mention Leeds are in deep financial manure.

And yet, we still have people posting on here, bitching about Bill Knight not spending money we don't have.

I give up.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I agree Bha, id rather see knight becareful with who we buy instead of splashing the cash left right and center

Bha and Filthy... I'm with you.
I'd rather have a prudent Chairman and a club for my kids to support for the next 60 years than a glory hunter with more money than sense ( about 3s 6d as far as I can make out) trying to buy their way to 'dynasty' glory and seeing us go to the wall again.
Keep up the good work, Dick.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Robbie Williams is a publicity seeking tart, who only claims allegiance to PV and football in general to make himself appear a little more macho and dispel the rumours about his sexuality.

Until he has a record out, of course, when he minces it up as much as possible.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ummm...I quite like Robbie Williams. He is a bit of a tosser, but he's put out some good toons...

*runs and hides under desk*

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
How much would it cost for Robbie to buy a parking space at the ground?

Seriously though £200,000 if loose change down the back of the sofa to him! If he can afford to offer £100,000 to Liam to get in the ring with him (and this was before he was massive) then £200,000 to save the club he 'loves if sod all!

Why not give them £1000,000? That should keep the wolves from the door for a bit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here