Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US Troops urinate on dead Taliban corpses

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
it bothers me loads........................

For me this is what the Americans should all be forced to hear before EVERY foray into enemy territory.

Is there moral high ground in debasing corpses? just the opposite

Colonel Tim Collins, 1st Battalion, Royal Irish Regiment
Eve of Battle speech...........instead of Iraq insert name of any country currently being occupied

We go to liberate, not to conquer.
We will not fly our flags in their country
We are entering Iraq to free a people and the only flag which will be flown in that ancient land is their own.
Show respect for them.

There are some who are alive at this moment who will not be alive shortly.
Those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send.
As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.
Wipe them out if that is what they choose.
But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

Iraq is steeped in history.
It is the site of the Garden of Eden, of the Great Flood and the birthplace of Abraham.
Tread lightly there.

You will see things that no man could pay to see
-- and you will have to go a long way to find a more decent, generous and upright people than the Iraqis.
You will be embarrassed by their hospitality even though they have nothing.

Don't treat them as refugees for they are in their own country.
Their children will be poor, in years to come they will know that the light of liberation in their lives was brought by you.

If there are casualties of war then remember that when they woke up and got dressed in the morning they did not plan to die this day.
Allow them dignity in death.
Bury them properly and mark their graves.

It is my foremost intention to bring every single one of you out alive.
But there may be people among us who will not see the end of this campaign.
We will put them in their sleeping bags and send them back.
There will be no time for sorrow.

The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction.
There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of hell for Saddam.
He and his forces will be destroyed by this coalition for what they have done.
As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity.

It is a big step to take another human life.
It is not to be done lightly.
I know of men who have taken life needlessly in other conflicts.
I can assure you they live with the mark of Cain upon them.

If someone surrenders to you then remember they have that right in international law and ensure that one day they go home to their family.
The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

If you harm the regiment or its history by over-enthusiasm in killing or in cowardice, know it is your family who will suffer.
You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest -- for your deeds will follow you down through history.
We will bring shame on neither our uniform or our nation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta pledged that "those found to have engaged in such conduct will be held accountable to the fullest extent," and a Pentagon spokesman confirmed that a probe into the alleged abuse was under way.

"This conduct is entirely inappropriate for members of the United States military and does not reflect the standards or values our armed forces are sworn to uphold," Panetta said in a statement.

"I have seen the footage, and I find the behavior depicted in it utterly deplorable. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms."

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told reporters of her "total dismay at the story concerning our Marines," and joined Panetta in condemning "the deplorable behavior that is reflected in this video."

"It is absolutely inconsistent with American values, with the standards of behavior that we expect from our military personnel," Clinton said.

.........and yet we keep hearing about these kind of disrespectful actions from US forces.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I know two wrongs don't make a right,but the Taliban are well known for torture of prisoners,& mutilation of corpses.Does anybody know if the corpses in that video were on fire?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Worst case of incontinence I have heard of in years.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes its concerning but im sure these dead people wouldn't hesitate in killing as many people as they can,although thats not the issue. :)

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I would have thought that for both sides there should be honour in death in combat. The very fact that our soldiers(allies.western) revere life whilst their opponents do not should prohibit the yobbish behaviour displayed by the US marines in the debasing of an enemy corpse. I hope, now that a few have been identified, the TV reporters/cameras descend on their families to see what they have to say. Would be mighty interesting!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Wake up people, it's all propaganda to ignite a world war 3. Funny how the Taliban (who barely exsist) are the first ones to be mentioned in relation to the outcome of this act. You watch, next there will be a retaliation from the 'Taliban' resulting in more reason for the US to go and protect the rest of the world. The US has lied about a war in the middle-east, do you really think they'd be that stupid to really allow these photos to shoot all over their controlled meda if it didn't benifit them?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Wake up people, it's all propaganda to ignite a world war 3. Funny how the Taliban (who barely exsist) are the first ones to be mentioned in relation to the outcome of this act. You watch, next there will be a retaliation from the 'Taliban' resulting in more reason for the US to go and protect the rest of the world. The US has lied about a war in the middle-east, do you really think they'd be that stupid to really allow these photos to shoot all over their controlled meda if it didn't benifit them?

Thanks for that - must've been a good night down the pub!!!

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Thanks for that - must've been a good night down the pub!!!

If that's a joke, it's crap.
Why does my perspective, different to the one the media is filling you with, get associated with getting pissed off your face? Have you not seen the effects the media have had on North Korea? Why do you think we aren't under the same sort of illusion? Why can't you see the media is the control and war is the money?

Here's one for you which I'm sure will make you piss your pants. Our Royal famly only 300 years ago were cannibals. They eat Human flesh as a ritual part of their true purpose. All the world wars are seen as sacrificial blood ceremonies for us idiots to get involved in believing (thanks to the media) we were fighting evil. We're actually fighing human beings, neighbours, good people where as the true evil is the dictator of war, not the so called 'enemy'.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If that's a joke, it's crap.
Why does my perspective, different to the one the media is filling you with, get associated with getting pissed off your face? Have you not seen the effects the media have had on North Korea? Why do you think we aren't under the same sort of illusion? Why can't you see the media is the control and war is the money?

Here's one for you which I'm sure will make you piss your pants. Our Royal famly only 300 years ago were cannibals. They eat Human flesh as a ritual part of their true purpose. All the world wars are seen as sacrificial blood ceremonies for us idiots to get involved in believing (thanks to the media) we were fighting evil. We're actually fighing human beings, neighbours, good people where as the true evil is the dictator of war, not the so called 'enemy'.

Could you clarify your point and provide a link? I am sure there is an interesting one somewhere in the incoherent ranting. (this post more the the other one smells of booze)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Certainly must have been a good night down the pub [MENTION=17759]Falmer[/MENTION]!

Personally I don't find it disturbing at all... seeing some of the atrocities dished out by the Taliban and their brothers in arms Al-Qaeda I think they get all they deserve.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove

Your points are valid, may be true may not, but you lost credibility to me when you suggest that the United States control the media, and in this case, the internet. Once this got out it would be crazy to think it could be squashed. I think the fallout will be severe punishment for the troops involved and apologies from the US government. This is REALLY bad for the US, and makes them look more like nazi war criminals than freedom fighters.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As the Taleban are holding American soldier prisoner, probably not the wisest thing to do... ... if we see film in the future of the taliban disrespecting British or American bodies, im sure we would be sorely offended. What other combatants in other forces do is not the standard we or Americans should be copying.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Certainly must have been a good night down the pub [MENTION=17759]Falmer[/MENTION]!

Personally I don't find it disturbing at all... seeing some of the atrocities dished out by the Taliban and their brothers in arms Al-Qaeda I think they get all they deserve.

By those particular dead people?

Given your logic her (or lack of it) then those American soldiers and all other allies also deserve all they get. Guilty by association and the atrocities continue. f***ing brainless Bullshit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here