Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE - digital camera installation

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
hi please help someone...........

i've been trying to install my new digital camera onto my pc for the last 2 f***ing hours and i'm getting no-where.

i have installed the cannon solution disk but when i re-started the pc it didn't come up with the proper dialog box - if i manually search for my camera it says camera not found..

PLEASE HELP!!
???

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
If you plug the camera in and switch it on it should show up in the explorer window along with the C, D, E whatever drives (mine shows up as digital camera ......). You can then access the photos like any folder on your PC and just copy them to where you want them.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
MYOB said:
Thats assuming he's A: using XP and B: The camera uses PTP or USBMS.

Yes but I thought rather than ask what he's using, then wait for a reply, then reply again I would just post what I do. Then he could either ignore it or use it. However, now I've typed this I've posted twice anyway and written far more than I would have done originally :rolleyes:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Hi guys thanx for the quick reply.

im using XP proff.

i have installed the disk and it says i have to complete the install by logging on as administrator - didn't no how to do that so i just logged on normally.

now i cant seem to get the connection from the camera to the pc established as it just sayss "no camera found"

a while ago it did come up with the camera, but then frooze.

driving me maaaad!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
this has just come up but it didn't have the location to say where to run the programme from.....

the box has come up and asked what location to run from and had the name of the camera in the top banner but no options to choose!!

:angry:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
if i try to manually go through the installed software and click download it comes up with a small box with " camera window" and a please wait sign.

if i click that sign it has the option to "switch" or retry. but i cannot get rid of it, and it says the server is busy.

i'm sooo confused!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Don't use the software. Go to My Computer and look for a camera or a 'new' hard disk there. Might even be marked as removable storage.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Then you should be able to just copy the files out like a normal folder without the software.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
just tried to " get pics from camera" but it simply kept reading the file with a connection line between the pc and camera, but never loaded up - i only have 2 pics on there right now as a practise run!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here