Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up Front For Brentford

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
big decision for Mr.Mcghee i think knight back and then play chris as i feel that benjamin is labouring and needs a stint on the bench to have a think. He may be scoring but all round not really feeling the 100 % effort we need at this moment. I think chris and leon are good together and think that players need to start being picked on performances not reputation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why not Jakey ?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Perhaps Jake and Leon might be a bit lightweight.Also the mid field would have to remember to keep the ball on the ground

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Brentford's best player (Stephen Hunt, who we tried to buy at the start of the season) is OUT tomorrow. Got to be good news I guess

:bounce: :flameboun :bounce:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
sams dad said:
Perhaps Jake and Leon might be a bit lightweight.Also the mid field would have to remember to keep the ball on the ground

Good point. Safer to go with McPhee then if we are going to continue to lump the ball forwards.

:D

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Zebedee said:
Good point. Safer to go with McPhee then if we are going to continue to lump the ball forwards.
Or pass the ball on the ground. We are talking about professional footballers after all.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
from BBC News Online:

Brighton's top-scorer Leon Knight is back from a suspension and is expected to replace Trevor Benjamin.
Benjamin, on loan from Leicester, was forced off with a knock at Stockport and is unlikely to be fit in time.

Brentford defender Matt Somner returns from a one-match ban and could be back into the starting line-up.

Stephen Hunt is ruled out with a groin injury, with Joel Kitamirike and Kevin O'Connor likely to be on the bench again after being dropped.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If you're going on performances that it has to be Benjamin as our most free-scoring striker at present. Thats what they're there for. However as hes injured I expect it will be McPhee with Robinson coming on later.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
McPhee and Knight, it has to be.

They looked really good for a few games earlier in the season.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
GUNTER said:
Play Virgo up front with Knight
Ridiculous. Are you McGhee?

BTW, I've heard McGhee will be naming an almost unchanged 11 this evening as there has been too much tinkering around for no particular reason recently:

Knight (GK)

Butters (RB)
Benjamin (LB)
Carpenter (CD)
Hart (CD)

Harding (RM)
Virgo (LM)
Cullip (CM)
Jones (CM)

Oatway (CF)
Roberts (CF)

Personally, I think he's lost the plot by playing Jones.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Falmer Dream said:

BTW, I've heard McGhee will be naming an almost unchanged 11 this evening as there has been too much tinkering around for no particular reason recently:

Knight (GK)

Butters (RB)
Benjamin (LB)
Carpenter (CD)
Hart (CD)

Harding (RM)
Virgo (LM)
Cullip (CM)
Jones (CM)

Oatway (CF)
Roberts (CF)

That looks like the kind of team Charlie Oatway would pick.

Of course he'd probably play Verrgow on the right wing.

The Argus reports that Trev trained yesterday. So looks like the Bournemouth line-up again, which'll do me OK.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Falmer Dream said:

Roberts (CF)

At last - Roberts gets his preferred role up front!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Why not try McPhee & Robinson upfront, with Knight and Benjamin on the bench, as they scored four of the five goals in the carve-up of Eastbourne last week :p

We seemed to have tried lots of different combinations up front recently, lets go for the young-guns :thumbsup: :goal:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here