Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unwanted Brighton player turned up at Weymouth

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | W | Weymouth | Youngsters chase Weymouth chance

Youngsters from all over England have turned up at troubled Blue Square Premier side Weymouth in a bid to get a game this Saturday against York.

The cash-strapped club fielded a youth team against Rushden last week after most of the first-team squad left - and are looking for a team to face York.

"One player's come down from QPR, one from Brighton and one from Hitchin," coach Tim Davis told BBC South Today.

Talks are continuing to save the Terras, who lost 9-0 against Rushden.

Former Torquay youth team player Matt Hayward said: "I thought it's a good opportunity to get some first-team football. I didn't get the chance at Torquay so I saw this opportunity and thought I'd grab it with both hands."

Former Terras striker Martin Underhay, now advising at the club, said: "It's hard for them to come to terms with playing for Weymouth's first team in the first place but to go straight into a Conference game from youth level is practically impossible.

"I'm here to advise them and be there for them if they need anything."

Any ideas who it is? Dixon maybe?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Gatting I reckon.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kerry Mayo is still comparatively young and unwanted.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
HAHA! That's my mate! He's not ex brighton, just FROM brighton lol. That's brilliant! Sorry, the bloke they interviewed, Matt, is from brighton but was in the Torquay youth. Must of head up to Weymouth. Least it clears up speculation about Dixon :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here