Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unrealistic Expectations

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I cannot believe a lot of the bile, tripe and negativity I am reading on this board today and quite frankly I am appalled.

I think a lot of people need a reality check, I would be interested in people thoughts on where they would rank the club in the division in terms of playing budget (transfer fee's paid and wage bill) and attractiveness of the club to a potential player compared to the rest of this division??

Personally I think we'd be lower half, we don't have huge finances, in fact I would describe the budget MA has to use as shoestring and who wants to come and play their home games at the Withdean? Particularly with the nature of our home support currently.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I cannot believe a lot of the bile, tripe and negativity I am reading on this board today and quite frankly I am appalled.

I think a lot of people need a reality check, I would be interested in people thoughts on where they would rank the club in the division in terms of playing budget (transfer fee's paid and wage bill) and attractiveness of the club to a potential player compared to the rest of this division??

Personally I think we'd be lower half, we don't have huge finances, in fact I would describe the budget MA has to use as shoestring and who wants to come and play their home games at the Withdean? Particularly with the nature of our home support currently.

You are probably right in what you say however, the biggest problem is that last season we did finish in the top half, actually just outside the playoffs with that same budget and same attractiveness.

DK said that Wilkins wasnt the man to take the club forward and Micky was.......that just doesnt correlate with the fact that we are nearly in the relegation zone.

Whilst the manner in which its being voiced may not be ideal ie calling MA a c**t etc, the negativity HAS to be understandable. This is not a case of whinging fans-its a case of fans generally f***ed off because the gamble is not paying off.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Its hardly surprising though is it.

After our 18th league game last season
Pos 7: W7 D6 L5 GD+5 Pts 27
We were still in the FA Cup, and were at the same stage of the JPT.

At the end of the season, the manager is sacked, with the replacement being described as the manager to take us forward.

After our 18th league game this season
Pos 19: W4 D7 L7 GD-5 Pts 19
Knocked out of FA Cup in 1st round DESPITE leading 2-0 at home then 1-0 away.

BrightonBorn

Nov 26, 2008
we are not good enough to go up....the standard of our players isent good enough for this division let alone the championship

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Totally sympathise as I feel the same about the clueless tactics and selections being shown by our manager.

It was realistic expectation that we would not be such total shit this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here